[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been an agnostic, but now I'm willing to accept a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 4353453576.png (326KB, 543x260px) Image search: [Google]
4353453576.png
326KB, 543x260px
I have been an agnostic, but now I'm willing to accept a God into my life, but I have no idea which one. Is there a way to see if a God "calls" to me or not?
>>
>>16987245
Why not call Jesus Christ? Maybe you should ask him for a relationship. If you do that, like I did, a whole new world of being will open up.

Ask him if he is real. Ask him to show you something that could ignite your faith.
>>
What kind of an agnostic were you before that you were unwilling to accept a God?
>>
You can let him inside. But then he'll definitely never call you back.
>>
>>16987256
I am open to the idea of God or God(s) existing. I just am not sure which are real or not. Figured /x/ would be the place to start looking.
>>
>>16987260
Look no further than Jesus Christ, man.

He is the savior you have been waiting for!
>>
>>16987245
its a personal decision desu. what fits you best.
>>
>>16987245

Turn towards the guiding light of buddhism my friend.
>>
>>16987245
There is only one god mate. Source/infinite intelligence/base consciousness/creator/god or w/e you want to call it. Its all the same.

The rest are just higher density being that might look like gods from your perspective but they are not. You can ask these ''gods'' for help and they might give you good answers but they are still not gods.

The reason why the positive higher density being stopped talking to us because people would lose their shit and start worshiping them like gods. Or the person they contacted got a massively inflated ego and declared himself as a prophet that demanded to be worshiped.
>>
>>16987283
So like...
Can I go worship some fucking Egyptian God then?
>>
bump

>>16987297
how
>>
Organized religion is a trap. J/s.
>>
Gods are a faith based system. And you really need to make the opening effort.
>>
Don't follow Jesus, be better than any of those religions. Go towards becoming a channel which the universe goes through. You can truly see so much more when you stay open to all possibilities.
>>
All religions are an attempt to reach the supreme being.

Man made institutions have corrupted their true meanings.

God is One, and more than a old white guy with a beard sitting on some clouds.

Jesus is more than a dead guy that asks you to donate to the church, He lives within all of you when you open up and realize.
>>
>>16987339
Yes, if you want. But also ask yourself what do you mean by worship. I like the distinction in Alice Bailey's writings between people who are devotional and people who are more into mysticism or esoterics. Personally I don't go for worship, praise, getting loved up on Spirit, but if you do that's fine.

Whatever calls to you. It's worth bearing in mind that all human understanding of god is limited so you might as well speak to that aspect of god which you feel some resonance with.
>>
>>16988077
You know what's better than faith? Knowledge, emperical data, repeatable results. Any true God(s) wouldn't have created a vast universe(s) and populated it with people capable of exploring and understanding it with an intent to banish people to hell for doing so instead of just going on blind faith. You honestly trust words written down in books by man? Just because a book professes something to be true does not make it so. Especially when there are riches to be made in manipulating the public. Find your own path, be a good person, draw your own conclusion, if there is a god(s) they won't be mad at you for doing what they gave you the power to do. Surely knowing their creation will bring you closer to truth than faith. Make yourself open to the universe, walk a righteous path, and it will reveal itself to you.
>>
>>16988130
how do you know if the god is real? also i dont know how to receive calls if they are calling me.
>>
>>16987245
Well...there are a lot of Gods. Jesus is real, YHWH is real, but so are the greek Gods, the nordic Gods etc.

Take this from someone who has worked and had contact with several deities.

Just know that.....if you promise anything to a God, you better keep it. Else, bad things are going to happen - in this life, and possibly in the afterlife.
>>
>>16987267
Look man, Jesus is a great choice and all. Go for it if it makes you happy. But there are definetly other deities out there as well.

He should just know that...Gods can be very volatile. They are very interactive, will give you dreams and things like that, but...they are not to be messed with. The christian idea of "its alright, do what you want, if you repent God will forgive you" does not neccessarily apply to them. If you fuck up, or if you betray them, you are going to face consequences right then and there.
>>
God is exalted above the demigods.

Not this Abrahamic perception you all thing a singular God is.

One God, transcending forever, above, and beyond
>>
itt retards.
>>
>>16987339
yes
>>16987591
that's a good one.
http://online.sfsu.edu/rone/Buddhism/Yogacara/basicideas.htm
tldr; look up zazen/mindfulness/breathing meditation and try to detach from the self
>>
>>16987245
>How find right god?

The best way is to go to various places of worship and experience them. You may also want to read up on the religion's theology beforehand as well.
>>
>>16988158
Is there a place I can go to read about them all? What they encompass and represent?
>>
>>16987245
Yeah, just read and do the shit and fucking walk around.
>>
>>16987245
Go Wiccan. It's really chill but still spiritually fulfilling.
>>
>>16988222
how do I start?
>>
Meditate ask for the path to truth from the creator, almighty, the most high.

Don't read random books that may lead you to astray brother
>>
>>16988290
I keep seeing
>meditate
but that's so fucking broad... Aren't there like a hundred different kinds of meditation? Like meditate as in just clear my mind and sit lotus?
>>
>>16988315
Just sit down for 5 minutes and think about the transcendental God.

You'll figure it out real quick if you are sincere
>>
pic related?
>>
>>16988376
pic very much related - its the real god of the universe
>>
>>16988376
>>16988391
All hail George Lopez. May he live in crappy 90s/2000s movies forever.
>>
>>16988434
what are some other funny bad george lopez films? i laughed my ass off during the sharkboy lava girl thing
>>
File: received_981716031850564.jpg (49KB, 562x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_981716031850564.jpg
49KB, 562x960px
I have been worshipping ganesha and lakshimi got good stuff happening in my life although I promised ganesha I would not drink alcohol until 2016 so just been smoking weed instead much better imo
>>
>>16987245
try buddhism, they all seem pretty chill.
>>
>>16989059
I just can't find the time in the day for all of it.
>>
>>16989065
The muslims are shitting on Burma. Not all of them. Just the angry ones.
>>
b
>>
Oh cool, another roleplaying thread!
>>
File: DiadelosPeanutsFacebook.jpg (103KB, 360x459px) Image search: [Google]
DiadelosPeanutsFacebook.jpg
103KB, 360x459px
http://bible.com/1/1co.2.14-16.kjv But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
>>
>>16988222
heard it was a feminist hive.
>>
I'm really digging neo-paganism, a welcome change from the retarded three main religions.
Anyone got some links to the main ones?
I always found Hellenism interesting but I never really searched it. Wicca sound pretty weird and the Eris "religion" sounds downright retarded.

I also did some digging in my family to see my origins. Went back to the 1600s but it's still in France. If I extrapolate a bit on the hypothesis that my whole family tree comes from southern France, I could go back to the Roman religion as the south was the beginning of the race mixing of Romans and Gaulois.
But that's just the paternal side of my tree.
>>
>>16987245
God is one. He has as many faces as you choose and are able to see.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.