[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather be immortal, agelessly living forever without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 1447870587535.png (604KB, 575x520px) Image search: [Google]
1447870587535.png
604KB, 575x520px
Would you rather be immortal, agelessly living forever without ever being able to die.

OR

Live your life as you are now, grow old, die, and then be reborn 10 years after you die as a different person. But with all your past memories. Eventually growing old as that person, dying, and being reborn again, forever.
>>
>>16985379
The later. Being reborn into a different life as a different person sounds like it would offer nearly endless variations of personal knowledge and experience. You'd end up being much a non human with the amount of wisdom and experience you'd gain. Supreme being.
>>
>>16985394
This. Plus to be entirely honest it would be more interesting.
>>
the latter does ensure that you don't have to endure an eternal twilight zone episode for all eternity after the extinction of mankind
>>
>>16985379
Depends what happens in the interim? Do I just burn in hell for those ten years while I wait to be born or is it like I didn't have to wait at all? Also when do I have access to my previous memories? Obviously not when I'm an infant.
>>
>>16985407
It does mean that after the extinction of mankind you're fucked. Who knows, maybe there is enough life left on Earth after mankind wipes itself out to live a cool hermit life.

Maybe by then we've met another species of intelligent life, or apes have become smart enough to form basic civilizations.

If you're only reborn as another person/human, you'll miss all that.

As an ageless being you could live a hermit life, or chill with the ayys, or become the God Emperor of a new primate civilization.
>>
File: human_bean.jpg (111KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
human_bean.jpg
111KB, 800x820px
>Being reborn into a different life as a different person sounds like it would offer nearly endless variations of personal knowledge and experience.

Hell no. You'd be some mega-genius in one life, die. Come back as an endless series of being born to a ragpicker family in Calcutta and die of weird diseases before you're old enough to talk.
>>
>>16985379
I would rather be me.
>>
>>16985426
Nothing happens, you just die and then you'll wake up as a new person at the age of like a toddler. Once the brain starts being able to actually think and retain knowledge, it'll start coming back to you.
>>
>>16985379
Neither. Why would I want to spend eternity in the prison of the flesh?
>>
>>16985436
That sounds pretty cool. Only then I'd hope that mankind doesn't die out and I can keep being reincarnated ad infinitum.
>>
>>16985379
option number 2, hands down. Imagine being able to sculpt your body and life direction from your childhood and just being able to mess around with different ways of living.
>>
>>16985379
First one. Getting old and then having to reeestart again, pretend I'm learning to read and write, go to school and college again, doesn't seem attractive to me.
I can attain the same amount of experience living as an ageless entity.
>>
>>16985441
Oh man, look out. Someone's done acid before.
>>
>>16985475
Who says you'd have to pretend. Ever rebirth you could play it however you wanted. You could finish university by the age of 5. You couldn't gain the same amount of experience because you'd only experience childhood and the teen years and how people would treat you at those ages once
>>
>>16985514
That's a good point. Guess I just had a bad childhood, and don't really want the risk of living that again, I know I'm probably losing the chance to have a better childhood tho
>>
>>16985514
I'd use the knowledge to have a leg up on everybody in school. Intelligence, maturity, social skills, sex.

Going into middle school with the intelligence and maturity of an adult would net you the ultimate amount of tight pussy.
>>
>Living in some shithole country
>Abusive parents
>Blow brains out
lmao reroll
>>
>>16985557
Kek
>>
>>16985557
I feel like I'd waste some lives just going full vigilante. Spend childhood just getting swole and learning combat skills, breezing through education because I already know that shit.

Then once I hit adulthood just fall of the grid and cleanse the streets of as many scumbags as I could before I inevitably get shot and killed.
>>
>>169855514
That would be so weird. You'd be attracted to adults but you'd be 14 with 14 year olds trying to get the D.
>>
>>16985379
The first option.
>>
>spend one life making lots of cash illegally or otherwise
>hide it somewhere secure
>kill self
>be reborn with memory of wear cash is
>keep doing this until you are a soros level trillionaire
>>
>>16985379
To become the God-Emperor of Mankind
or
Live your "life" as an endless RPG where every life is a different game.
I would probably choose the later because I wouldn't want to end up being a corpse emperor bound to a golden throne.
>>
>>16985826
in the new 40k/heresy fluff the emprah is actually a perpetual that dies and comes back with all his memories (sort of)
>>
File: 1447535137393.jpg (40KB, 477x537px) Image search: [Google]
1447535137393.jpg
40KB, 477x537px
>>16985834
What if The Emperor on the throne is already dead and he is really reincarnated as a freshly minted Guardsmen about to go out on his first mission.
>>
>>16985844
He's eternally stuck in a half life with the empire rotting around him which they could fix if they would let him die.
>>
>>16985379
What's the specifics on the first option?

Am I just immune to anything that could hurt me (injury/disease/starvation, etc), or is more like a I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream type of deal?

How strong is my memory? Is it perfect, or am I just gonna wander for eternity as a young man with extreme dementia?

And finally, how would my perception of time work? Is everything going to start blurring together after a few thousand years, or does it stay like it is now?
>>
>>16985379

What if after some reincarnations, there is no human left on earth anymore and I can't be reborn anymore simply because there is no human being left to give birth to me?
>>
humans may not have much more time to live on earth and dont even have a mars base despite talking about making one for 2 decades .

immortality will get you more time because when the atmosphere thins to much all people will die and you wont be reborn. when the stars in the sky no longer twinkle because of atmospheric interference its to late for the species
>>
>>16986058
other dimension/realities...perhaps every life were reborn into is actually a different earth/universe thing
>>
I chose eternal reoccurrence. If not that, immortality.
>>
Do you retain a youthful appearance with 2? If so, that

All that time to build an empire
>>
Well with the rebirth thing can I choose what gender I am born into? At one point I may tire of having a dick, like after 100 rebirths, but being forced into the wrong gender at random would be really messed up.
>>
I'll choose the first if I can forever look the same. I don't really want to break the world record for most wrinkles.
>>
>Rob a bunch of banks
>hide monies in super secret stash
>go out in blaze of glory and gunfire
>Respawn
>go get cash
?????
>Profit!!!!!
>>
>>16985379
The latter is definitely preferred here. And have to say I agree with that
>>
>>16985379
That girl has my exact fucking face from when I was 13. The jawline the nose the eyes the ears and cheekbones only the o ly thing different are the freckles and that mouth
>>
>>16985379
Depends on what happens when Earth is gone.

I assume the second choice ends when there are no more humans left, but what about the first one? Do I just end up floating in space until eventually I get sucked into a star or a black hole where I'll be stuck forever?

If I just die along with the rest of humanity then the first choice is way better.
>>
>>16986416
Her name is pupinya
>>
>>16985379
yall are dumb. id pick the first one, because you can just kill yourself when you want to get off mr bones wild ride.

its the oldest trick in the book. immortality =/= invincibility
>>
>>16986528
her name

is meme
>>
File: 1447934263481.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1447934263481.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>16985379
being reborn
>>
>>16985379
The first one. I would be able to do crazy shit, and knowing I can't die would let me become a supreme fucker, I mean I will lift hard, have bigass muscles, go for sports so I'd be really fast, agile, powerful etc.
I'd have endless amount of time to go in for science — spending thousands of years I'd be the smartest person on the Earth.
Oh and, knowing my face will always be the same will make people really religious, they'd rather think I'm some kind of a God idk.
That's nice I guess.

The second one is good to tho, it's like Emanon, just you're not the same person after being reborn.
>>
>>16985379
Why not both?
Live for a really long time, do a lot of Stuff, when you saw enough, forget just enough to keep the new or surprise factor and always keep the option to forget everything and reborn in other species or time just to be something new.
>>
It's impossible to live forever in this universe, death is the predominant state of this universe.
Nothing is actually alive, it's just dead stuff in motion and by the virtue of laws things create order locally.
You will die eventually, so even if you live 1000 - 10000 - 999 999 999 years you would still end up somewhere and all your experience would not matter at all.
>>
>>16986720
It's just a hypothetical question anon, calm down.
>>
>>16985436
>implying this isn't already happening
>>
immortality. i dont need the gap.
>>
>>16985379
For those thinking the second option might be nice, you might be mistaken, because at each new life you have a slight chance of suffering horribly (illnesses, massacres, torture, etc...)
On the contrary, if you're immortal, due to your knowledge and the wealth you amassed, you are in almost perfect security, and the world is yours for study or play
>>
>>16986720

>Nothing is actually alive

Kek
>>
>>16987666
How about getting trapped or badly damaged?
>>
>>16985379
second option sounds good
>>
>>16987678
It's possible, but I supposed OP's thought experiment was about our current situation, so we have time to ensure our security.
If this ultimately fails, you can still kill yourself, by literally disintegrating you body.
But yeah, if by immortal OP means unkillable, that's a good point.
On the other hand, if you cannot be killed, you can sever your receiving nerves, so you'll feel no pain.
>>
>>16985379
The twoened on
>>
File: 1443560218095.gif (3MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1443560218095.gif
3MB, 260x195px
>>16985557
>>
>>16985551
Not at all. It will just make you an outsider.
>>
File: chris1.jpg (8KB, 120x154px) Image search: [Google]
chris1.jpg
8KB, 120x154px
>>16985379
Life is a story, stories need an ending.
>>
I wasn't even supposed to come back this time.
I'll just stay in the astral plane next death.
>>
First one, the second one sounds more exciting but it's also more sad since every time you're reincarnated you have to see all your family, relatives and friends die. Not to mention all the children you left behind
>>
>>16985379
Being a kid would suck. No matter how much experience you have you would still be treated like a kid by your parents. And what happens when you get reborn as a mudshit? Or in some shithole country. Can you kill yourself to hurry the cycle? Like maybe your new dad was raping you or something? And the more memories you build, the more lifetimes you live, the worse having to do it all again would be. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Can you be reborn deformed, or retarded?

I'm going with unaging immortality. At least I don't have anyone telling me what to do all the fucking time. And I'm white, I live in a good country, my parents are not rapists, they did not abuse me, I'm not deformed in any way. I'm going to stick it out like this.
>>
>>16985430
it's Kolkata now
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.