[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of any scary places in Texas, or at least have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

Anyone know of any scary places in Texas, or at least have any experiences here?
>>
Go anywhere in Houston at night, prepare to get robbed by shadowmen
>>
>>16985242
I've never been to Houston, so I honestly wouldn't know lmao
>>
http://paranormalhotspots.com/view-paranormal-hotspot.cfm?id=9

I did a ghost hunt here with my cousin. It was a little snoopy. We got some good audio but that was about all.
>>
File: kek.jpg (14KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
14KB, 229x220px
>>16985242
>shadowmen
>>
>>16985327
I'd love to hear the audio, desu
>>
File: 1210091424688.jpg (24KB, 343x319px) Image search: [Google]
1210091424688.jpg
24KB, 343x319px
>>16985367
I checked his blog, it's not on there. He's a Scotsman so he has a lot of audios from his hunts in the old country.

I lived in rural Texas for about a year. There's a fuck ton of creepy places, mostly really old cemeteries but not too many legends. Not where I was anyway. It's more about exploring than getting a history lesson.
>>
>>16985419
There'd be times that I'd go out to Bowie, TX, and the land that I'd stay on is actually really fucking creepy.
>>
>>16985037
corpus christi courthouse
bexar county courthouse
cadillac bar
my uncles apartment by bexar courthouse
my attic
>>
Texas in and of itself is creepy as fuck
>>
>>16988905
Next time I go back to San Antonio, I should check out the Bexar courthouse, especially since touching the walls inside the Alamo is prohibited.

>>16988981
TRUE.
Especially the house I used to live in when I was younger.
>>
>>16985419
I was in the Denison area. There's a lot of cemeteries, but no spooky shit. Lrn2intowoods. East Texas is the best bet.
>>
>tfw nothing paranormal in DFW
>>
Bowden Road in Huntsville is full of spooky spooks

http://www.texasescapes.com/DanaGoolsby/Demons-Road-in-Huntsville.htm
>>
I will tell you one thing. I drove from DFW to Austin for the F 1 races and there were so many broken down abandoned farm houses and dwellings I could spend a good 6 months going up and down that highway exploring different places
>>
>>16989073
TRUE. I live in Dallas, and I don't even really know if there's anything spooky here.

>>16989087
I've been wanting to go there since I've heard about it couple years ago.
>>
I know for a fact that taking 287 from DFW to get to New Mexico, I would see some creepy ass abandoned houses that I REALLY wanted to pull over and take pictures inside the houses.
>>
>>16989113
Dallas here, we should hang out
>>
>>16989178
That would be cool
That reminds me, is there any haunted/abandoned places here in Dallas? I keep forgetting to look this stuff up
>>
>>16989276
There's a bridge near Denton that I can't remember the name of that's supposedly haunted. I've also heard six flags over Texas is haunted too but who knows
>>
>>16985242
Kek

I haven't been there but hear Spaghetti Warehouse is fucking haunted. Oh and so are the old houses in Galveston.
>>
>>16989286
Old Alton Bridge? That's what came up for me on Google, and it sounds cool to go at night

And I could believe SFOT being haunted, actually.

Also, the arcade I regularly go to (Round1 in Arlington) is supposedly haunted. My boyfriend would tell me some stories when he used to be on closing shift. I know for a fact that the restrooms are creepy as fuck.
>>
El Presidio La Bahia in Goliad (an old fort from Texas-Mexico war where a bunch of Texas troops were mass executed) is supposed to be very haunted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidio_La_Bah%C3%ADa
http://www.lsspi.org/presidio-la-bahia/
>>
>>16989344
I looked it up just now, and that would be a pretty cool place to visit
>>
>>16989356
Spoops aside its a great historical location. The Alamo is more famous but most of it is now downtown San Antonio. The fort and missions in Goliad are much more intact and better preserved. Its usually open to the public and you can go in and look around for a nominal fee. I grew up in the area and our schools used to take field trips there and we would get guided tours and such.
>>
>>16989369
Cause I've been to the Alamo, and it's usually super crowded.
>>
File: IMG_20151118_011523.jpg (377KB, 1714x2222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151118_011523.jpg
377KB, 1714x2222px
>>16985037
Mexico
>>
>>16989379
Most of the times I have gone to La Bahia without a school group there was hardly anyone there. Its much bigger than the Alamo too.
>>
>>16989314
Not music
>>
There is a small unincorporated town between Seguin and San Marcos on hwy 123 called Zorn. Town always kinda creeped me out. One day, my buddy and I stopped on a roadtrip and went up to one of the "abandoned" houses. It looked old as fuck, like hand-hewn boards and all the paint was gone. We peered in the windows, and the floors were covered in filth and detritus. We walked around back and found an old well...there were kids' shoes strewn all around it. We high-tailed it out of there!
>>
>>16989664
oh yeah, the head of MUFON Walter H. Andrus lived in Seguin, TX. My grandpa took us over to his house one time. He said there was lots of cattle mutilations around the area. He also claimed to have some of those alien implants in little glass vials.
>>
>>16989298
Ive been to some of the places in Galveston, the houses are fucking spooky as shit, but you gotta be careful near the Strand at night. I was driving after eating Riondo's and drove through a black cloud of ornery negrolytes that must have been having a party at some hole in the wall bar. That was easily the scariest part of the trip.

Some areas are filled with those old civil war era houses, they are very unsettling, I took a tour through one and it was very strange to say the least.
>>
>spooky Texas thread
>no El Paso every time

If you wanna feel spooky vibes drive down Ascension Blvd at night- no abandoned houses or anything, just pure desert but there's a chance you can see something weird. There's a story (you can find Texas ghost legends for each city from a site called shadowlands) of a headless monk that rides a donkey who supposedly shows up down that road but that same legend covers most of the southwest. My mom swears after one night coming home from a friends house in Hoirzon city that she saw a regular old man walking and even considered to give him a ride for a second (it was late and the middle of winter) but when she passed him and looked in her rear view mirror, he wasn't there.

My dad also used to tell me some pretty creepy stories from when he lived in the projects in the lower valley as a kid, don't remember any really well cause it's been awhile but can confirm that side of town is fucked. I lived there for a year right by some canals and saw shadow people for the first time there, saw a weird as fuck trick in my bathroom mirror (was just checking out my pupils when a bright ring of gold/blue appeared around it out of nowhere, scared the fuck out of me and hasn't happened since), had someone/thing scream "TONIGHHT" in my right ear when I was trying to sleep, and would hear knocking almost every single night from 12ish-3am, in sets of three. This was in 2012 so the idea wasn't born from the Conjuring and was actually more annoying than spooky after awhile. I think that area had some kind of opening for demons or something cause 3 old men were found right next to our place throughout that year all in the same exact area. It was like someone just stuffed them into the empty gutter and left. The cops never came around and questioned us either, that was the weirdest part. Not even a "did you hear/see anything suspicious?" What the fuck.
>>
>>16989369
Lived in Goliad a couple years ago myself and can confirm this. The woods are also spooky as fuck at night. Coming from Houston, the nights out there were hard to adjust to just because of how fucking black it gets out there.
>>
File: map_us[1].gif (31KB, 734x465px) Image search: [Google]
map_us[1].gif
31KB, 734x465px
What about upper South Carolina / lower North Carolina (I'm right on the state-line).
>>
Am I the only one who thought the Lake Cliff Towers in Dallas always looked fucking creepy?
>>
>>16985037
Yea it's called city hall
>>
I live outside of the DFW and we have a supposedly haunted railroad track off of Bethesda road in the Burleson/Joshua area. The story was something about children dying in a crash on the tracks and if you put your car in neutral on the tracks it would be pushed off.

Heard a lot of hearsay growing up there from my old brothers friends and my peers. Me and my buddies once went up there in two cars. My friends parked their car on the tracks to see if it would be pushed off while me and another friend hung back in my car. I was kinda spooped, but we got out to check their car and talk to them leaving one of my doors open. Of course nothing was happening. Me and my friend turned around and my open car door slammed shut. I don't necessarily put to much stock in to it but it was unnerving because it was a windless night and we were parked sloping downward on a hill.

Also have heard a number of stories about people seeing train headlights coming and hastily driving off the tracks only for there to be no train.
>>
Not my experience, but heard from relative

>be in pleasant grove about to leave to walmart
>drives up to stop sign which is by an empty field
>sees a weird black lion/sheep with human head
>speeds off quickly

I've been trying to look up anything similar but found nothing.
>>
the highway between El Paso and Odessa is creepy as hell the further west you go, because there is nothing out there at times. During the day it's boring, but at night..
>>
>>16991953
Turns out the road is at a slight tilt. Ghost Adventures made an episode about the railroad track and had some guys do road shit (forgot what the fuck it's called) but they said the road is on a slight tilt. Paranormal=debunked.
>>
>>16993567
Truth. I used to live in Odessa/Midland. Becomes the moon after you head towards El Paso
>>
I stopped at a Jack N The Box in Houston to get a burger on my way through the city. No one in the place spoke English. Thought I went through a portal somehow and ended up in Tijuana. Spooky.
>>
Mengar hotel, san antonio train tracks, donkey lady bridge, miget mansion..butcher of elmendorf...
>>
File: DSCF0762.jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0762.jpg
111KB, 640x480px
>>16994640
Odessa/Midland itself is so overrun with development and business that it's a loud, crowded mess. Very few places of stillness, and it sucked a little bit of the creepiness out of a few locations.
>>
There's these towns called "Quanah" and "Childress" and they're pretty fucking weird.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.