[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the "real" religion of peace? lets theoretically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: shinto.jpg (298KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
shinto.jpg
298KB, 1000x667px
what is the "real" religion of peace?

lets theoretically say that Abrahamic religions suddenly seize to exist.

what religion would you push to achieve peace?

ib4 edgy atheists

Buddhism?
Shinto?
some kind of Pagan religion?
>>
>>16983111
go to /his/
>>
>>16983111
>seize to exist
>>
Shinto invented Kamikaze. It has nothing to do with peace.
>>
"O man, cease from thy striving against thy brother, only thus can ye come to the Light. Cease from thy unbelief, O my brother. Follow the path & know ye are right."
>>
File: Bi3_VkPCEAE7n-.jpg (47KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
Bi3_VkPCEAE7n-.jpg
47KB, 598x448px
>>16983111
ESOTERIC HITLERISM
>>
My nigga, religion isn't your true path to peace. You must look inward to find your own truth path to peace.
>>
before presenting the choices of religion, can you list down the characteristics or the definition of a 'religion of peace'?

let's say, for example - killing other people for the sake of one's peace of mind - is that a characteristic of a religion of peace, or not?

a religion of peace should not incite violence - but if violence is committed to someone who embraces this so-called 'religion of peace', say for example killed; should a brother/sister of the same religion just let it pass like nothing happened or should they seek justice for the victim?
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3240x4320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3240x4320px
Dandapani the Sakyan, out roaming & rambling for exercise, once went to the Great Wood. Plunging into the Great Wood, he went to where the Blessed One was. After an exchange of friendly greetings & courtesies, he said to the Blessed One, "What is the contemplative's doctrine? What does he proclaim?"

"The sort of doctrine, friend, where one does not keep quarreling with anyone in the cosmos with its deities, with its contemplatives & priests, its royalty & common folk; the sort of doctrine where perceptions no longer lie latent in the monk who remains dissociated from sensual pleasures, free from perplexity, his uncertainty cut away, devoid of craving. Such is my doctrine, such is what I proclaim."

- Madhupindika sutta
>>
>>16983111
deism
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (354KB, 1502x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
354KB, 1502x1500px
Real religion is a personal experience. It is a process of seeing the world as not something outside of you but a personal world that you, as God, have created for yourself. You see all life as pieces of your totality. Actions towards others are actions towards yourself. It is a religion of acceptance, peace, tolerance, love and reverence.
You are always in church, God is everywhere, within and without. You must know God before you follow a doctrine. Seek God in all moments, pray for humility, pray for virtue, pray for guidance, pray for honesty. Pray to yourself, be your own guru.
Do not be mislead by others lies, do not believe anything outside yourself. There is much contradiction but truth will always prevail. The clouds can only obscure the sun for so long.
This religion is not wrought by dogma or laws, it is without a name, it is the essence of being, the ground of existence. It is the way and the truth, all will pass through the gates. All are one.
You can not lose this path, there is no escape.
>>
>>16983158
One is not responsible for judgement. God will judge those. All one may do is accept the faults of another and use all their will to forgive and lay down the burden of hatred.
>>
The only one that tells you to love even you enemies, the only one to claim to be the actual word of God. Christianity. This is hard for you to accept with abortion clinic bombers and sandwich boards saying God hates fags. Don't even get me started on the vatican or how the kkk can go to church after standing in a circle lead by a red dragon(a synonym for satan) and burn a cross wearing robes with occult symbolism on them. All of these things are there to purposely lead you away from the truth. I can tell you accepting Christ as your lord and savior will give you the inner peace you seek and a true happiness that makes one push all drugs away. It will remove the mental fog and allow you to wake up from the dream, but this world has conditioned you to seek external answers that come in nice neat packages. So you really need to search your heart and in that you can find your way back to God. It's so amazing and fulfilling to finally find your purpose.
>>
Some form of pantheistic religion whether Buddhism, Gnosticism, Jediism or other
>>
>>16983111
Every religion has potential for abuse. Look at christianity, supposed to be one of the most peaceful things ever, Jesus was a really peaceful and good teacher.

Look what his followers have done
>>
>>16983435
Those people sure as hell weren't following Jesus. What were they following? What's really going on in the world? People are waking up now.
>>
File: rare.png (93KB, 364x291px) Image search: [Google]
rare.png
93KB, 364x291px
the earth is made of: dead trees and dead bodies

sacrifice is the true religion

even the reptilians cant stand this fucking planet
>>
>>16983111
The only religion in the world whose adherents consistently eschew violence of any kind is the Jains.
>>
Any religion that says to live in peace and give no fucks what others believe sounds good to me.
In my group of code friends there are Christians, Catholics, Jews, a Hindu, Muslims, atheists and a Buddhist. We get along awesomely and never even talk about beliefs.
>>
>>16983435
>Look what his followers have done

Have you read the lives of the saints and martyrs?
>>
>>16983111
>some kind of Pagan religion
All non-Abrahamic religions are Pagan religions.
>>
>>16983111
-
Without doubt, Jainism:
http://biophilic.blogspot.nl/2014/05/the-naked-one-jainism.html
>>
Hare Krishna!
>>
I dunno. Is Norse a valid choice?
>>
>>16983111
Trips checked
>>
Atheism never killed or gone to war
>>
its Buddhism. no requirement for belief. no mandate to spread the word. no punishments for crimes listed in the religion. and discourages murder specifically since it ends a lifes progression towards enlightenment or the spark of awareness in lower life forms and forces the cycle of death and rebirth prematurely
>>
>>16984510
Neither has a religion.
>>
>>16984592
http://niceme.me/
>>
>>16984510
Just ignore all the commie purges....
>>
Why does it have to be a religion? Why not just a simple philosophy like "Be excellent to one another"?
>>
>>16984510
Its funny because you actually believe that
>>
>>16986236
And "party on dudes!"
>>
Peace isn't in human nature.

Our whole biology dictates that we must consume to survive.

You faggots are going to be whining about how evil humans are until you get uploaded into a machine and purged for being a faulty system.
>>
>>16983122
I only checked this thread to make sure I wasn't the only one...
>>
>>16983435
You are more right than you know.

Chrstians have flooded the world with relief aid. They thwarted nature and artifically grew the 3rd world without growing their capabilities to care for their higher numbers.
>>
>>16983111
The religion only the dead can belong to.
>>
>>16984510
hahah go get an education, fool
>>
>>16983435

i love how everyone cirlcejerks over how peaceful the character of jesus was, but yet they conveniently forget that time he ran around whipping motherfuckers.
>>
>>16986334

or about how he commanded his disciples to buy swords, even if they must sell their cloaks to do so, or, how he said "i come not to bring peace, but a sword."

i guess jesus was a peaceful weapons advocate, like the NRA. merica!
>>
>>16983603
you and your friends walk into a bar...
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.