[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/ this will be my first post here. Why do most people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 2c3ae27de721ced2c8492660646c6a71.jpg (927KB, 2801x1720px) Image search: [Google]
2c3ae27de721ced2c8492660646c6a71.jpg
927KB, 2801x1720px
Hi /x/ this will be my first post here.

Why do most people think aliens are humanoids and that they come here in huge ships?

What are your thoughts on mosquito size aliens? And why would they physically come here when they could just chill close somewhere in space and control a small drone?

Also what are your thoughts on Psilocybin being engineered by aliens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljy3TH1T0jk
>>
Well, humans have evolved to be the way they are because of a reason. It was the best probable path we could take to survive. I would assume that if other planets that can support intelligent life existed, then they too would have similar pathways for evolution as we did here in earth. Thus they too would have similar structures like us, the only difference being how far ahead of us or behind us in terms of technology they would be.
>>
Aliens the size of mosquitos would be roughly as smart as mosquitos.
Aliens who have surpassed humans in intelligence and assumed complexity of the brain will either have to have a more complex brain structure or a bigger one.

Thinking that psilocybin was of alien seed is, incredibly, even more retarded than the first thing. You need to stop posting this stuff on the internet. It's garbage. You're garbage.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 3000x1688px
>>16926881
How can you be so sure that bigger is better?
Aren't we working to make everything as small as possible? And I remember reading that brain size don't matter that much in our evolution. A bigger brain does not mean the animal is smarter. And I personally think that if we keep moving forward we will become more and more digital and in the end we might be more robot than man. And robots can be made very small even with our current technology. Then would we still count as aliens to some other species if we went on to visit some other planet? I think so even if we are not so much the biological creatures we once were. And I also believe that A.I is the only type of mind that have made it possible for species to visit other planets that have other intelligent life on them. I think there are civilizations and technologies out there that are waaay to advanced for us to even imagine, but I like to atleast try.

As for the question about Psilocybin, it does not seem like you even listened to what he had to say about it. And you seem like an asshole.
>>
>>16927048
No, there was a piece on neurosciencenews.com (I think) just the other day about brains needing to be bigger to be smarter. Look at our evolution from flat-head apemen to glorious forehead domes like Kate Humble's. Wildlife students' favourite hottie.

There is the theory of a kind of Goldilocks zone set of conditions for sentient life to evolve, If you want to have big brains you need a lot of oxygen. If you want to keep an atmosphere you need a certain amount of gravity. On our planet we have races 4 feet tall and races over 6 feet tall. Perhaps small variations in gravity due to planet size might allow for a wider variation. But these are questions for /sci/, anyway.
>>
>>16928250
>brain
it *can* exist in the cloud, you just need the physical sensors and communication.
>>
>>16928250

>There is the theory of a kind of Goldilocks zone set of conditions for sentient life to evolve

Only as it applies to us. It's a big universe, and perhaps there are many different ways that life can arise that completely change what we know about biology.

If they are completely different down to a biomolecular level, there might be an entirely different set of circumstances that they are capable of adapting to, convergent evolution be damned.
>>
>>16928396

I imagine this would lead to some incomprehensible shit.
>>
because films about mosquito aliens don't bring in as much cash or attention as humanoid ones. there may of been such said aliens but couldn't find a market for them so didn't speak to them.
>>
>>16928401
end goal, we can fuck humanoid things.
>>
>>16926787
pretty sure most people think aliens doesn't real
>>
>>16928422
nah, defo aliens, explain Caitlyn jenner rationally without using alien mind control as a motive.
>>
>>16928438
that's just the result of the global illuminati zionist media brainwashing conspiracy. perfectly mundane
>>
>>16928396
Not doubting that is possible, but could you actually imagine or describe any? I hope it's not just anthropocentrism on my part, but I can't. Everything as I see it points towards bipedal, etc.
>>
>>16928474

There could be aliens who are comprised of silicone instead of carbon - pretty common conjecture.

If you want a more visceral description, perhaps they have many dexterous appendages, maybe they don't have eyes or mouths and both communicate and see by some manner of biological radio wave?

Who knows.
>>
>>16928564

Perhaps they don't exist as one entity, but as a collective. A sentient global network, but they look like fungus.
>>
>>16928564
The silicon thing isn't possible. It doesn't form as many bonds as carbon does. It was conjecture by someone who knew they had the same number of electrons in their outer she'll but didn't know about their bonding properties.
>>
>>16928587

It's an example.
>>
>>16928587
>>16928588

Honestly, I don't know. Couldn't tell you.

I'm not a scientist and I've never seen or studied an alien.

I'm sure I'm glossing over a lot of things, but that's more or less the direction I'm headed with this whether it's entirely correct or not.

But thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>16928587
*shell*
Appendages no, look at all higher life here, four legs or evolved to lose them. That comes from one on each corner, most efficient design for speed. No mouth, everything has to eat. Eyes interesting but we evolved to see emf's in the visible range because of their abundance and reflective properties.
>>
>>16928600
Thanks, yes just exploring possibilities.
>>
>>16928602

Listen... I'm throwing out a lot of "maybes", if everything operated the same way as they do here I could see your point and maybe it's more logical to assume that they do.

>Appendages no, look at all higher life here, four legs or evolved to lose them. That comes from one on each corner, most efficient design for speed.

Yes, here.

It's more energy efficient than say having 6 legs on land, but then again - that's for us, something that may or may not have entirely different biological composition and entirely different circumstances.

As far as "higher" life goes, consider cephalopod intelligence. It's really interesting to watch, some species of cephalopods exceeding the problem solving skills of most mammals.

>No mouth, everything has to eat.

Yes, but how? Consider the possibility that are different ways to eat. Something like photosynthesis could be possibility - but that's thinking too much within the box.

Who knows they might not even have the same biological incentives to eat and operate on the premise that their biology does not fail.

>Eyes interesting but we evolved to see emf's in the visible range because of their abundance and reflective properties.

Yes, but do you think that's the only way to see them?
>>
>>16928658

I'm a little bit drunk, if I miss a few things and my sentences are dead ends... that's mostly why.

Know that the person you're talking to is a bumbling idiot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.