[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, I want to write a horror novel, but I have no clue where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
/x/, I want to write a horror novel, but I have no clue where to start. I want it to fuck with your mind, and make you uneasy reading it. Any ideas?
>>
How are you going to write a novel about someone else's idea?
>>
>>16922019
I need a good base to build on. I wouldn't use the exact idea directly. Plus I'm curious as to what people would be interested in.
>>
>>16921998
make a story about a necrophile or a pedophile, but on his own point of view. Don't know if you get it.
>>
>>16922295
I've thought about writing something really fucked up from the pov of an evil person but people would probably think I'm crazy
>>
File: Bunny-Computer.jpg (54KB, 282x425px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny-Computer.jpg
54KB, 282x425px
>I want to write a horror novel, but I have no clue where to start.

Well, gee if you WANT to then that's all it takes!
>>
>>16922358
>I've thought about writing something really fucked up from the pov of an evil person but people would probably think I'm crazy

Oh you're one of those.....
>>
>>16922358
>people would probably think I'm crazy

You fucking retard just go do it.

In literature you could write about someone who fucks baby animals and immediately eats them after cumming and people will call it high art.
>>
Your chances of actually making any impact whatsoever on the literary scene is virtually the same as winning the goddamn lottery. How's that for a horror?
>>
>>16921998
How about someone who wakes up inside of his/her own mind. And have to fight his/her fears and shit.
>>
You have to come up with your own idea to write a fictional book
>>
You have to stop trying. You weren't born for this.
>>
>>16922415
Yeah, one of those...
>>
>>16921998
Don't drag the climax on for 3 chapters.
That's all I gotta say.
>>
File: kino-gnostic-eng.jpg (802KB, 952x4000px) Image search: [Google]
kino-gnostic-eng.jpg
802KB, 952x4000px
>>16921998
A guy comes to the cinema and watching a movie. And in the film show the whole story of his life with the murder of the hero (a copy of that guy). The guy is afraid to leave the theater, waiting for the predicted murder.
>>
>>16921998
Just turn on the news. Humans are the real monsters.
>>
If you're beginner, please follow this rule:
SHORTER=BETTER
>>
>>16922358
My god, they are not going to think you're crazy, they will just read and that's all...and you shouldn't have said that, it sounds extremely presumptuous...especially from a writer
>>
>>16922558
>real life

OP all 7 billion people on the planet probably wanna write a book at some point in their life.
however maybe only 1% of those actually KNOW what they wanna write about and 0,1% will actually have quality content.

How to know what to write about? Life experience. Doesnt matter the subject. So go out and come back when you have experienced true horror for yourself.

Also a good writer does not need inspiration. The best writers force themselves to create inspiration out of nothingness.
A writer writes no matter how he/she feels. That's the job.
>>
>>16922358
I get you, also something that extreme is hard to get edited and published anyway If you are not a well known author
>>
pov of a reptilian president...
>>
you need to come up with your own idea....
>>
>>16921998
I have an idea. What if you kill yourself and hope for reincarnate with talent?
>>
>>16921998
what kind of horror?
>>
File: oc roll chart.png (1MB, 2709x1100px) Image search: [Google]
oc roll chart.png
1MB, 2709x1100px
>>16921998
Start with gaining some experience. Write anything even if it doesn't turn out good, just keep doing it. When you get and idea you want to turn into a novel then write a novel.
>>
File: 1424568049844.jpg (147KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424568049844.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
>>16925680
Godspeed. /x/ could really use some OC right now.
>>
>>16922053
>>16921998
if you dont even know what to write about and you even have to ask advice, you are no writer at all

please consider killing yourself you are an insult to writers you faggot the world doesnt need more people like you
>>
Same here bruh
>>
>>16925604
faggot
>>
>>16925680
I'm in the mood and am rolling
>>
>>16925745
faggot
>>
>>16925680
Rolling faggots
>>
>>16925845
I lay there, my body motionless, nothing but eternal darkness. I don't know where i am or what happened.

Last thing i remember was writing a note for my family, probably something important.

All of a sudden a bright light flashes and i'm staring up at the face of a tall, bearded man wearing a plain white cloak.

He speaks "You have shown cowardice and sin, tell me why you don't deserve the fiery pits of hell"

I spoke, remember all of a sudden how i died and why i'm here, information flooding my brain at the speed of light.

"I just wanted freedom from the pain and cruelty of life, i know it wasn't the most smart or brave way i could've gone"

The tall figure shakes his head and pulls a lever.

I fall into a dark red pit, saying goodbye to my freedom.
>>
>>16925776
Contribute then, faggot.
>>
>>16925896
Too Christian. Shit designed to spoop uneducated commoners 2000 years ago.
>>
>>16925783
>>16925761
at least im not a no talent homosexual who samefags his pathetic thread like you do
>>
>>16925680
rolling
>>
"The last person on earth heard a knock on his door"
>>
Have a cock vore element in your story.
>>
File: 1441605476033.jpg (25KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1441605476033.jpg
25KB, 292x257px
>>16925896
>freedom

so he falls back down to Earth right ?

no one's free here , no survivors
>>
>>16921998
dont even waste your time
>>
>>16921998
Go to /lit/. Those guys are probably more qualified to give you the verbal smackdown you so clearly want.
>>
>>16927715
this
>>
>>16925680
Rolling
>>
>>16925745
>you are an insult to writers
>cannot punctuate a sentence
>cannot use capitals
>never seen a full-stop

You dick.
>>
File: 1444824510471.gif (168KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444824510471.gif
168KB, 267x200px
>>16921998
how about stop stealing ideas jew
>>
>>16928864
its the internet!
it only mimics a typewriter
like your god only mimics mercy and peace!

fuck off xtians!
>>
>>16921998
Before starting writing, try to read the ones you consider are the gods of Horror books, aknowledge abou what you want to talk in you novel, try to get the closer to the real facts and never copycat other authors :) good luck
>>
>>16924612
This is fucking gold if done in a short story/film.
>>
I wrote a short Horror story not long ago.

I thought it was good.

Then I re-read it and dislike a lot of it.

Oh, well.
>>
>>16921998
write it like a case study with disturbing 1 page pictures each chapter to stimulate the reader a bit more.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 258x195px
Transcendial meditation. Do it. Study it. Release ideas from your subconcious instead of asking idiots on 4chan
>>
>>16921998
I'll tell you where to start:

Horror is like comedy, more than any other forms of art and expression, these two lose value with familiarity. You cannot be funny or scary with what's been done before. I mean, you can, any art can become craft, but sooner or later exposure will dull response.

Find something that scared you in ways nothing you experience in life did. I have dreams to draw on, I have had nightmares about threats to existence so totally askew from human experience as to confound any horror story I'd ever before encountered. That's my horror food.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
That burning pire, that filth demon. Oh yes, you know it, that burning smell, that eye on your back. The burned yearn, a squalid ember, meats sliding, grinding. The stake you dedicated to their hearts was nothing, the kerosene so sweetly poured only awoke it. Arms twitch and flicker mouths lie agape.

We crawl as one, thank you god, thank you.
>>
>>16924612
What is happening in the picture?
>>
>I want to write someone else's horror novel

FTFY
>>
you could make the creepypasta of Strangers in the subway longer
>>
>>16922295
If you write such a thing you'd get vanned imminently.

>>16922358
If you really wanna write something fantastic then why don't you read tvtropes and go through what themes are given in the latest horror movies? Eliminating them from a small list would be easier.
Writing about monsters is the profession of Stephen King and for a long time it will be. SAW got the right taints at the right spot for a horror movie. That's all I can think at the moment.
>>
>>16921998
Only the best writers learn how to write on 4chan.
>>
All good horror stories make use of the Uncanny, which Freud called "Unheimlich." Unheimlich. Uncanny. Something that challenges your understanding of reality (that is, "the way things are") on a fundamental level. This can be any number of things.

Zombies. The living dead. Corpses that defy the laws of nature and medical science and reanimate. This is Uncanny. Something that is not as it should be.

Coming home late at night, reaching to the light switch only to feel another hand already there. Things are not as they should be. Uncanny.

Walking in on your wife in bed with another man. A direct challenge to your preconceived notions about your life and the people in it. Uncanny.

Horror doesn't have to be cosmic. You don't need zombies or vampires, Elder Gods or serial killers, cannibals or humanoid creatures. All you need to be effective as a horror writer is a way to subtly insinuate to your reader that SOMETHING IS NOT AS IT SHOULD BE. Find a way to confront your reader with a reality that opposes their own understanding of the world. Leave them with a nagging suspicion that your work sheds light on a greater unspoken truth about the world.
>>
Things we think are cute and not dangerous
>>
>>16921998
talk to a psychologist about people's fears
>>
>>16925680
roll
>>
>>16924556
This. It ultimately ruined a great idea in The Ruins by Scott Smith.
>>
>>16932960
-
I guess this is sarcasm? But 4chan can be a good place for a writer to hone various of his skills. Because: the 4chan Bear-pit, only the strong will survive.
>>
>>16927376
He said he wants horror, not disgust.
>>
>>16925896
>I lay there, my body motionless, nothing but a butt plug in my ass
Jesus, you just jumped right into that didn't you, dude?
>>
>>16925680
I want to write and I'm feeling burned out working on NaNoWriMo.
So rollan
>>
>>16937521
Topic: Darkness

The sound of morning traffic lures my mind back into the waking world, muffled through the pillow I must have pulled over my head in the night as a barrier between myself and anything that might distract from sweet slumber.
I groan, the miniscule effort of making any sound rise from my parched throat agitating a splitting pain behind my eyeballs. Reaching out blindly, I feel around the other side of the bed, grabbing hold as my hand meets flesh.
I shake Theresa's shoulder, eliciting a raspy grumble from her general direction, and slur in my half-awake, hungover stupor
"wh't time s'it?" She repeats her grumbling, albeit with a biting undertone, and slaps my hand off of her upper arm. "T'resa, wake up. How long'd we sleep in f'r?"
Not bothering with angry vocalizations, I feel the bed shift as she shifts into a sitting position. a few moments of stillness follow, before Theresa breaks the silence.
"Fucking goddamn shit."
"That late?" I inquire. She sighs, and then responds.
"It's eleven-fucking-thirty, Nate." Fucking goddamn shit. I throw the pillow off of my head, and immediately realize that something is very wrong.
It's still pitch black.

1/?
All I've written so far. Should I continue?
>>
>>16925680
i'll give it a shot if i get something good
>>
>>16921998
Me too. If I had a good the last thing I'd do is share it with you, faggot.
>>
File: yyMb5P3.jpg (16KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
yyMb5P3.jpg
16KB, 360x360px
>>16921998
are you Angel David Revilla? if so, go steal someone else's ideas, you narcisistic twat
>>
>>16925680
habbenin
>>
File: blurry4life.jpg (103KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
blurry4life.jpg
103KB, 1920x1040px
>>16924612

L-Lynch-kun, is that y-you
>>
>>16925680
rollan
>>
I'm writing one, about 3600 words into it so far. Just decide on a theme, load up some music you think fits it, and write. Write. Write. Doesn't matter, just write. Over time the plot will come to you and you'll find yourself going back to what you've done and rewriting it to fit with a cool new idea you had.

Don't bother reading "how to write" books, they're only guidelines to how another person writes. It's not you. You should let your writing evolve naturally on its own.

Good luck
>>
>>16925680
rollan
>>
>>16925680
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.