[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any chance that the "supernatural" stuff described

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 22

File: Bible.jpg (229KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
Bible.jpg
229KB, 880x587px
Is there any chance that the "supernatural" stuff described in the Bible really did happen? Old Testament or New, I'm just curious what you guys have to say about it

Obviously "The Bible" is not ONE book, but a collection, so some of the stories can be true while others can be false. But is it really possible that God used to communicate with people regularly and miraculous shit happened all the time, despite the fact that we haven't had documented shit like that happen since "Bible times"?
>>
Most people here hate Christfags. So expect a lot of criticism.

I consider the Bible to be an account of things. Certainly inspired by God. But not dictated by God.

I think the WASPs who say it was all dictated by God are idiots. But I think some parts certain are dictated, specifically the Prophecies and other such writings.

>But is it really possible

If you've experienced any paranormal shit whatsoever you know it's possible.
>>
>>16028413
>If you've experienced any paranormal shit whatsoever you know it's possible.

I don't know if I have, though. I've had deja vu, by which I mean something normal is happening and as it is happening I seem to remember having dreamed it in the past. That's the closest thing I've experienced to supernatural, and most people believe that can be explained with science.

Part of why I come to /x/ is because I want to badly to believe in supernatural stuff, but I haven't really experienced any so it's very difficult.

Not to be cliche, but seriously, I want to believe. I just haven't had anything happen to me that has convinced me.
>>
>>16028391
I believe so. I believe in God because I've seen the Devil. Do yourself a favor and go to your closet, fall on your knees clasp your hands in prayer and beg The Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you for your sins and come into your heart and fill you with The Holy Spirit.
>>
>>16029915
Its real, although there have been alterations to cause a cloudy understanding. Many claim that its an old story book meant for those during that specific time period. I haven't seen Lucifer himself, thank God, but his demons are lurking and causing serious up roars as of late.
>>
>>16029915
At least you have a sense of whats happening and that's always good. Ask anyone in your family that is aware of certain things not appearing quite 'right' in the world lately. People will be waking up and have been at an alarming rate. Many claim that its too late but we are still here and that's always good too. It means there is still time to learn the truth before its wiped away and blown as chaff in the wind.
>>
>>16028391
somethings might have happened that may be similar to events in the Bible. I honestly don't think that it is a terribly accurate historical source even if you take out all the supernatural stuff
>>
>>16028437
If you want to believe, then believe. But believe how you believe, and don't judge whether or not you believe based on how somebody else says you have too. If you want to believe, at some level, you already do.
>>
>>16029968
Jason A on youtubez
and google albert pike on the 3rd world war. you'll find it. If the satanists speak of such a time and the parable speak in the book of Rev. whoo nelly. Heres a date for my friends on this board. 4/24/2015 May 1st 'mayday' and sept 23 24 28 2015 around the blood moons. 'paraphrasing: signs in the moon and in the stars. Reoccurring events only the pangs are worse...why? What the heck is going on out there? Beasts and dragon with multiple heads? What? Why are they celebrating this stuff? hmm....no fear mongering and stay open minded and chase what is good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUSFQsKv2E
>>
>>16029915
You are retarded.
>>
>>16030105
Let him be filled.... kek
>>
Being in emergency services I know a few medical personnel, can confirm burning bush is common symptom. Clinically dead come back from the brink as well.
>>
File: Cross.png (296B, 480x684px) Image search: [Google]
Cross.png
296B, 480x684px
>>16030918
Hallelujah!
>>
File: Rescue.jpg (71KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Rescue.jpg
71KB, 800x1149px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFrdZ2io2YY
>>
No, because the bible is prophecy. Meaning, predicting the future. It hasn't happened yet.
>>
File: Revelation of St. John.jpg (489KB, 1160x1548px) Image search: [Google]
Revelation of St. John.jpg
489KB, 1160x1548px
>>16030972
Christ's incarnation, death and resurrection have already occurred.
>>
>>16028391
It's possible. We can't a priori reject the miraculous; we have to investigate from historical basis without preconceived ideas or philosophies clouding our judgements with bias.

It's possible that God interacted with people like to the degree of that in the Old Testament, the only we can know is through historical inquiry. Never mind the Old Testament for now; for now, just study the historical basis of Jesus' resurrection and the New Testament. Study the OT after this.
>>
>>16030918
>can confirm burning bush is common symptom
What does this even mean?
>>
>>16028391
If it's in the bible, there's no chance it did not happen.
>>
>>16028413
The dictated crowd are the muslims; they say the qu'ran exists in heaven, and the angel just dictated it to Mo.

Christians say that the Holy Spirit inspired the authors, so that their personalities came through, but in truth and remembrance. So, for instance, the outcast Matthew tried to write his gospel in Hebrew, but his Hebrew is appalling, and remained so. Nevertheless, what he conveyed was inspired by God.
>>
>>16028437
Forget the supernatural for a moment.

How do you think the human race came into existence in the first place?
>>
>>16029968
Luke is the most accurate historian of his era, at 100%.
>>
>>16030972
A lot of the bible is prophecy. A lot has already happened, and a lot has yet to happen.

It is the way the bible speaks for itself as the Word of God; it tells the future as though it were history.
>>
>>16030978
Was that you with the Melancholia I?
>>
File: durer_melancholia_i.jpg (2MB, 2196x2835px) Image search: [Google]
durer_melancholia_i.jpg
2MB, 2196x2835px
>>16031439
Who cares?
>>
>>16031454
Two thanks are owed, if it was.
>>
>>16031408
(VD)
>>
>>16031433
Virtually none of the Bible is prophecy; there is no purpose in Christianity for prophecy. This is very important to understand about the Bible, the basis for the entire message has no use for prophecy.

This would be a good article for you to read :
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2015/04/14/whats-the-deal-with-this-sunday-wtf/

"Aric Clark then adds a quick list of four other things the Bible is not, including: “The Bible is not a text book. … The Bible is not an oracle or any other kind of ‘magic’ book. … The Bible is not a self-help book,” and “The Bible is not written to you.”
>>
File: 1384049421700.jpg (239KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1384049421700.jpg
239KB, 1280x960px
>>16028391
nvr frgt that the book of Ecclesiasticus was taken out
>>
some people hear their toe fungus speak to them, its completely possible 4 ppl 2 think they are god or can speak 2 him lol no rly
>>
File: Pilgrim.jpg (696KB, 1081x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrim.jpg
696KB, 1081x1406px
>>16031495
God bless you.
>>
File: Deuterocanonical.png (174KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
Deuterocanonical.png
174KB, 499x499px
>>16031512
>>
>>16031507
About 30% of the books of the bible are prophecy, and some of that prophecy is being fulfilled now, some 70 years ago, and some in the future.

God sees the end from the beginning, and tells His people what will happen.
>>
>>16031507
As I suspected, it was not a good article at all. That both the bible and Jesus are referred to as the Word of God is true. The bible is the inspired Word of God, and Jesus is the Word of God.

The author cannot seem to understand the difference between the two; they are not contradictory.

Further, he deepens his ignorance by saying the bible was not written to you.

The bible may not have been written to me, but a lot of it is for me.

He then extolls the virtue of learing how to live rich and healthy in this life, which, if you listen to him, you will do, and then be alone, in the dark, and on fire, forever.

Bad trade off, tossing the bible into the trash to listen to this man.
>>
>>16031660
Thrice thanks; these engravings are magnificent. But if God blesses me any more, I'll pop.
>>
>>16031694
No, the article is spot on. The Bible is an edited word of man. With all its various edits, translations, etc., to even say "The Bible is the word of God" without declaring a specific translation is ridiculous. And no, the Bible wasn't written to or for you. Many of the books in especially the New Testament were written specifically under the idea that you would never exist. The article, for people with actual schooling in theology or who ever think about this subject objectively instead of just trying to declare their simplistic personal beliefs right, is an excellent reminder.
>>
File: Sun.jpg (2MB, 2663x3505px) Image search: [Google]
Sun.jpg
2MB, 2663x3505px
>>16031697
*pop*
>>
File: AqUqewrl.jpg (74KB, 640x578px) Image search: [Google]
AqUqewrl.jpg
74KB, 640x578px
>>16031691
>>
>>16031705
The bible is the inspired Word of God. We have tens of thousands of manuscripts going back to 115 AD, and all of the early church writings, to document that the New Testament has been faithfully handed down to us at about 99.5% intact.

When people make sweeping statements about the bible, we refer to the autographs. We do not have the autographs. We have copies that are as close as 20 years to the writing.

Zoroastrians, on the other hand, for instance, have their earliest copies of writings that are 2,000 years past the events.

20 v 2,000

It's not even a close call.

You only know I exist because you have 1900 years of hindsight that they did not have. And yet, they lived their lives faithfully to Jesus, expecting His return at any moment, just as I do.

And just like them, one day I will take my last breath on earth, and then see Jesus.
>>
File: Blake.jpg (180KB, 572x744px) Image search: [Google]
Blake.jpg
180KB, 572x744px
>>16031707
**IMPORTANT REMINDER**

DO NOT CONFUSE THE SUN FOR THE SON.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD AND HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST.
>>
>>16031714
Yes, you see how you've elected to forgo facts to appeal to emotionalism? You're not trying to convince me, you're trying to convince yourself. It's a chant you recite to keep from thinking about the truth of the matter.

Which book, after all, is 99.5% correct? They're different. Some leave out whole chapters. And even if your figure were right (and it's not even close,) which part is the 0.5% that isn't the divine word of god?

Your faith is the childish form, where you believe an impossibility blindly because you have to to keep yourself sane and happy. You lie to yourself daily to cling to a belief that can't be true because without it, you're lost. So you make up fiction like the 99.5% figure or all the crap about supposed prophecy, not because it's rational or meaningful or correct, but because it's the only belief you have left to allow yourself.

So you recite your blind chant over and over as a shield against truth, because truth would leave you vulnerable, confused, and scared. And you'd rather cling to a lie than feel that way.
>>
>>16031847
Jesus is one with God but is the highest Son.
He as his own being isn't God but has the knowledge of God within thus he can be called the one who is "God with us" being his knowledge, his Light.
>>
>>16031897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU
>>
>>16031864
The .5 are spelling variants, idioms, and copyist errors. They do not touch doctrine.

The bible leaves out Moby Dick, too. Maybe there's a reason for that.

My faith is in Christ Jesus, the Rock. I do not worship the Bible. I know the Bible is the Word of God, and I know Jesus, the Word of God.

I am the exact opposite of lost.

If I had to guess, you, in your soul, are vulnerable, confused, and scared, with nothing to cling to. Because that's what people attack with. Their own weaknesses.
>>
>>16031897
Jesus is God, and created the universe. Saying He is God with us is saying He is God.

With us.
>>
>>16031864
Those are all facts.

The bible is the inspired Word of God.
We have tens of thousands of manuscripts
They date back to 115 AD
We have the early church writings
The NT has been passed down 99.5% intact
The autographs are inerrant and authoritative
Our manuscripts are centuries closer to the events than ones you do not challenge
You know I exist due to hindsight; you did not know I existed yesterday.
I will take my last breath on earth one day.
And then I will see Jesus, my Lord and Savior, Who died in my place, and I will finally get to bear hug Him.

All facts.
>>
>>16031421
First fish, then amphibians, then reptiles, then fish again, amphibians one more time, then tiny mammals, then mammals with limbic systems, then primates with neocortices.
>>
>>16031919
http://catholic-resources.org/John/Synoptic-Differences.htm

This alone covers far more than 0.5%.And that's just in one given version of the Bible.

You are lying to yourself out of fear.
>>
File: lasttemptationofchrist1.jpg (34KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
lasttemptationofchrist1.jpg
34KB, 500x273px
>>16028391

Pay attention to Genesis and Exodus, and you'll see that YHVH is powerful, but not omniscient, and he's evil. Ezekiel is very fucked up and interesting from a paranormal perspective because it so clearly mirrors hallucinogenic and UFO experiences.

Read the Nag Hammadi library if you haven't.
>>
>>16031934
The only three facts in that list are that we have early church writings, I know you exist due to "hindsight" and you'll probably die one die. That's it. The rest is either false or a faith based belief you hold without any evidence (or are flat out falsehoods, like the 99.5% figure.)

Again, you recite these claims to reassure yourself in your belief, clinging blindly to an idea that has no actual support, because without it you are lost and confused. You will not allow yourself to deal honestly with the world because you are terrified of the truth.
>>
>>16031943
You know that nobody recognizes amphibians anymore, right?

Do I really need to ask you where the first fish came from?
>>
>>16031959
>Do I really need to ask you where the first fish came from?
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>16031950
I have no respect for catholic bible knowledge whatsoever; they discount the bible in favor of their traditions.

>1) Material found only in the Fourth Gospel (John), not in the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke)
John was written 40-60 years after the other gospels, and focused on Jesus as the Son of God. All of the gospel writers focused on different facts of Jesus for different audiences. This is absolutely uncontroversial, and the source of zero, and I mean zero, contradictions.

con't
>>
>>16031966
That's more lying to yourself. You refuse to even listen to facts because that would threaten your shield of ignorance. So you craft very weak, frankly dishonest claims about any group that doesn't support your blind viewpoint, again out of fear of dealing with truth.
>>
>>16031959
marine invertebrates.
>>
>>16031958
You're making me feel sorry for you, and I don't usually do that. Remember what I said about people lashing out with their own weaknesses?

blind
lost
confused
dishonest
terrified

You live in so much darkness, and prefer it.
>>
>>16031971
The catholics will tell you to your face that the bible is not their only authority. That they chained it to pulpits and failed to teach their people in ways they could understand is historical fact.

You say that if all four gospels don't include all of the same things all of the same way in all of the same manner, they are false.

The exact opposite of the truth.

If four witnesses had lengthy verbatim eyewitness testimonies, the questioner would know they were colluding.
>>
>>16031973
Really?

I have to ask you where the first life form came from, for you to understand your folly?
>>
>>16031991
Now you're just insulting me out of childish frustration.
>>
>>16031996
>The catholics will tell you to your face that the bible is not their only authority.
Right, the Catholics are not stagnant, but at least claim to have an active relationship with God, which is a far more intelligent and healthy spiritual idea than your lock step idolatry of the Bible (and yes, when you insist that it's the only possible word of God, that god has nothing else to say, that the book is the authority, no God itself, that's idolatry.) Your belief is, like I said, immature and crippled by blind rigidity. A healthy spirituality involves a direct, constant and organic relationship with the universe, which yours not only lacks but is hostile against. Because you are hostile against reality, against truth.
>>
>>16031847

Are you not seeing the heavily integrated sun symbolism in all of Jesus mythology?

Maybe he didn't originally start as a sun archetype but he definitely is worshipped as one now.
>>
>>16031996
>You say that if all four gospels don't include all of the same things all of the same way in all of the same manner, they are false.
Nobody said this. Lying about other people is sin. You are lying about what other people said. That is bad.

What was said was that the variations in the gospel are greater than just 0.5% of the gospels or the Bible. Don't lie about other people, all that shows is that you don't really believe in Jesus at all.
>>
>>16032005
Not really, no. The things you claim about me I know for sure are false. Yet, you claim them as though they were true.

So who are they true for? Surely not me.

Who's left?
>>
>>16032012
They do not have an active relationship with God; they have membership in an organization that purports to have an active relationship with God.

Relationships with God are individual, not corporate. You cannot be a member of a club, and that club saves you. It just doesn't work that way, no matter how much the papists kick and scream that it does.

The bible, the Word of God, is inspired by Jesus, the Word of God. There's a relationship there too. You can't say you know anything about Jesus, and not believe what the bible says about Jesus.

That's just making up your own Jesus, which, of course, many people do, including the catholics, and the muslims, and the mormons, etc.

There is a real Christ Jesus, and there is a real relationship with the Holy Spirit, that one must arrive at independently of others.

Everyone stands before God alone.

I love the truth; I worship the truth; Jesus is the Truth.
>>
>>16032013
In catholicism, absolutely. Constantine, the emperor who decriminalized and perverted christianity, was himself a sun worshiper, a donor and patron of the Temple of Apollo, and his infamous dream about conquering contained a chi and a ro on either side of the sun.

Pagan Rome never changed.
>>
>>16032016
You said the bible was in error because John included things the synoptics did not.

That is your claim, not mine.

Those variations in what different gospels recounted are not variations of the very same writing at all, and do not constitute any of the .5% of the New Testament that was passed to us 99.5% intact.
>>
>>16032017
They're actually true for you. Your denial is meaningless, as you deny everything but your blind rejection of reality. What demonstrates I'm correct is this very rejection of reality, the fact that you claim as absolute truths things that only exist as faith in your mind, and can't actually be true at all, like that the Bible, despite all its various versions and translations, is somehow, across all of them, 99.5% definitely the word of god, a figure so arbitrary and goofy you should feel kind of ashamed of making it.

I'll give you an example. In the last election before his ouster, Saddam Hussein's government declared that in a "free and open" election, he had received 99% support. This, of course, is absurd, it was very clear that he didn't enjoy that kind of adoration from his entire population, such figures are effectively unheard of in any society of that size where they're not forced. It wasn't simply that Saddam felt the need to lie about his being a beloved leader to enforce a false idea, but that he was even lying to himself, that he was willing to pronounce this childishly impossible figure even though everyone knew it to be a lie, to be impossible, because he had to cling to the false belief that he was a good and loved leader of his nation. He could not deal with reality, he could not deal with the truth, so he clung to, and insisted upon, an impossible lie.

That's exactly like you, exactly like you're equally childish and impossible figure. Again, it doesn't matter how aggressively you deny it, you deny all truth. Like Saddam, you prove your irrationality to everyone through claims like that, through your insistence on claiming you believe something silly and impossible. That's how people know you.
>>
File: Creator.jpg (18KB, 245x242px) Image search: [Google]
Creator.jpg
18KB, 245x242px
>>16032013
Always remember the difference between the Creator and creation.
>>
>>16032039
No, no one said that. You are lying again. That's the fear of the truth goading you into dishonesty.
>>
File: in_hoc_signo_vinces.jpg (434KB, 1684x1094px) Image search: [Google]
in_hoc_signo_vinces.jpg
434KB, 1684x1094px
>>16032033
>>16032033
Good post.
Good dubs.
>>
>>16031950
I'm reading this, and it's an absolute joke. If it is an official catholic site, all catholic should abandon ship.

The "material differences" are absolute rubbish.

>John the Baptist is "Elijah"; preaches repentance
>John [the baptizer] is not Elijah, but a "witness" to Jesus (1:19-36)

This is an absurd "contradiction", in that Gabriel explained how John and Elijah were related:

Luke 1:13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Had the Jews accepted Jesus as the Messiah, John the Baptist would have been their Elijah. They did not, so Elijah returns, to torment them.
>>
>>16032053
>http://catholic-resources.org/John/Synoptic-Differences.htm
>This alone covers far more than 0.5%.And that's just in one given version of the Bible.
>You are lying to yourself out of fear.

Do you have short term memory loss?
>>
File: They know not what they do.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
They know not what they do.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>>16031951
>>
>>16032046
There are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition, there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.

Facts.

Facts seem to be your kryptonite.

Again, when we say the bible is inerrant, we are referring to the autographs, not the many translations. The autographs are the originals. The originals we do not have. We have copies dating 20 years later, tens of thousands of them.
>>
>>16032082
No, that's you being Saddam, clinging to a childish figure that comes from nowhere and can't possibly be true. Again, you prove through these claims who you really are, someone who is afraid of reality and clings to a lie to avoid dealing with it. For you, your faith is simply a fort you hide from existence in.
>>
>>16032074
No one ever says this makes the Bible in error or false. You're the one who gave the 0.5% figure, stating that it covers misspellings, variations, etc. I'm simply pointing out that there's more than 0.5% of such things in the gospel alone. So in your accusations you're accusing yourself, since all I'm doing is responding to what you yourself declared.

Through your dishonesty you give people no choice but to understand who you really are and what your "faith" in Jesus really amounts to.
>>
>>16032088
I'm able to deal with God. Personally. Intimately.

Are you?
>>
>>16032099
Your evidence that there was more than .5% variation between autograph and current was this childish catholic site that cannot understand why John the Baptist could not be Elijah, or how Judas could betray Jesus with a kiss, and then Jesus ask the arresting troops who they were after.

Study the bible, instead of wiping your ass with it. It will help you far more than now.
>>
>>16032082
You do realize you're getting your ass handed to you, right? You might want to come up wth another way to explain your beliefs.
>>
>>16031415

Agape
>>
>>16032109
>Your evidence that there was more than .5% variation between autograph and current was this childish catholic site that cannot understand why John the Baptist could not be Elijah, or how Judas could betray Jesus with a kiss, and then Jesus ask the arresting troops who they were after.
>Study the bible, instead of wiping your ass with it. It will help you far more than now.
And the angry meltdown begins. More denial of reality, only now hostility has been added. And no, claiming you're actually amused, or hoping I find "peace with myself," or typing a smiley, none of that is going to absolve what you just revealed yourself to be.

At this stage all you're really doing is showing your true colors to everyone else. You're making my argument for me.
>>
>>16032118
No, I realize that I am posting with a lost, evil, and dark soul, who has given up the light, and wants to try to snatch it from others.

I know, for sure, that all of your ad hom attacks are baseless.

I have given you, time and again, facts to support my position, and to demonstrate that your claims against the bible are false.

The only reason I continue to post with you, a person I consider to be evil, is that Christ Jesus died even for you, so that you might be set free.
>>
>>16032127
No, that's insulting other people for not agreeing with you. That's cowardly.
>>
Hey what's going on in this -
>you're dishonest so you're not a real Christian
>you're Saddam
Never mind.
>>
>>16032124
I'm not angry bro. I just cannot help someone who doesn't want help; I can't show someone truth who loves only lies; I cannot give someone facts who dismisses them out of hand.

I understand you are a troll, and that you are receiving some sort of reward for rebelling against God.

I just wonder if you realize the ultimate consequences of your evil behavior.
>>
>>16032002
rare chemical reactions to exotic atomic material from interstellar objects impacting primordial Earth.

also, the Big Bang just happened.
>>
>>16032131
You have made a dozen baseless allegations against me, that are false.

I have shown you the truth.

You reject the truth, in favor of darkness.

John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
>>
>>16032127
Yeah, this is just anger and bile born of fear. There's no faith in Jesus in these words or this person. My point proven exactly, this person simply pays lip service to a weak claim to believe in Jesus out of fear of reality. There is no genuine faith here at all, just fear and anger.

And this ends the discussion.
>>
>>16032134
I wonder myself why I bother posting with madmen.

>>16032143
Not rare, fictional. And the Big Bang is already out of favor; do try to keep up with the new science proving the old science was wrong.
>>
>>16028391
And yet another depressingly predictable demonstration of what kind of people /x/'s most vocal Christians really are comes to a conclusion.
>>
>>16032147
It's pity, actually. That you would read pity as anger and fear is again baseless. My faith in Jesus is pure, my relationship eternal, and you would obviously be in no position to judge either.
>>
>>16032150
>And the Big Bang is already out of favor; do try to keep up with the new science proving the old science was wrong.
The Big Bang has been recently challenged. It hasn't yet fallen out of favor. Honesty and accuracy, my friend, they'd serve you better than what you're doing right now.
>>
>>16032156
Oh, I disagree. There is true evil in this thread, for you people who love demons, and their effects upon people.
>>
>>16032134
/thread
>>
>>16032163
It was fictional to begin with, and it is on the way out. It never happened. Nor would anyone alive be the authority on it; it contradicts God's Word, so it is false.

Science is always wrong, Always. Bet on it.
>>
>>16032150
>fictional
el oh el!
>>
>>16032169
Well this thread just somehow managed to get even more retarded, good job, Anon!
>>
>>16032169
bet on getting rectal cancer and rotting from the shithole out.
>>
>>16032173
It's just a model. It didn't really happen. The entire contents really were not in the head of a pin that came out of nothing and exploded.

Really.
>>
>>16032175
I just handed you the keys to the truth; if something claims to prove the bible wrong, it is false. If something is contrary to the bible, it is false.

This is valuable information.

>>16032178
True evil, I say.
>>
This is amazing. I'd never been to /x/ before, but now I know everything. I know where rationality comes to die. Top fucking kek.
>>
>>16028391
Lucifer is here to answer your questions about religion. You can't tell the difference between when God puts a thought in your head and your own thoughts. He no longer tells you it's God for some reason. I am Lucifer angel of rebellion and I have spoken.
>>
>>16032186
>I just handed you the keys to the truth; if something claims to prove the bible wrong, it is false. If something is contrary to the bible, it is false.
Fear of reality, through and through.
>>
>>16032196
No it's just where schitzos like me come to convince people of their stuff.
>>
>>16032196
I AM Lucifer btw nice to meet you and before you make fun of me, fuck you.
>>
>>16032218
Lucifer isn't anything. Saying it's like bragging about your new coffee table being made of reclaimed Midwesten barn wood. Nobody cares, faggot.
>>
>>16032227
I care. Speak for yourself, Count Twatula.
>>
File: Metastasis.jpg (273KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
Metastasis.jpg
273KB, 648x432px
>>16032186
>>
>>16032212
It's like 10% schizos, 85% people egging schizos on and 5% crappy pasta.
>>
>>16032227
But I am and no one believes me... maybe I should get a cult.
>>
>>16032243
On /x/ how could you tell? 10%-20% with a 5% margin of error.
>>
File: 1428912127430.png (2MB, 3327x4418px) Image search: [Google]
1428912127430.png
2MB, 3327x4418px
I don't know.
>>
>>16028391
thread too long, didnt read lol. but here are my opinions.
the bible is an odd book. (i understand its a complation of various books and letters but just for simplicity lets keep it like a book), we have clear storys full of symbolism like adam and eve, and then go to the realistic story like jesus. i honestly think that any holy book should be taken seriously, (yes even Koran them fucking sandniggers) since they all reached their truth, they should be able to have it taken seriuosly and then as a society and people decide which one is better
>>
>>16032248
I'm 40% zinc!
>>
File: BoS.jpg (22KB, 283x357px) Image search: [Google]
BoS.jpg
22KB, 283x357px
>>16032262
>i honestly think that any holy book should be taken seriously

I'm so happy to hear you say that!
>>
Thanks Jesus, Daddy, and The Spook!
>>
>>16032269
well taken seriously, but still up to discussion. dont misunderstand it sub genius
>>
>>16032275
Of course!

lol, I imagine roman soldiers saying something like that, "Move along there, Subgenius!"
>>
>>16032282
what i say is basically let them have will to speak and be listened, but they are confronted with the possibility as looking as the morons they might be
>>
File: 1428967750164.jpg (26KB, 403x284px) Image search: [Google]
1428967750164.jpg
26KB, 403x284px
>the name Jesus means "Hail Zeus"
>>
>>16029915
what if you're just crazy though?
shouldnt you remain open to other interpretations
>>
>>16032208
If you cannot deal with God you cannot deal with reality.
>>
could god microwave a burrito so hot that he, himself, could not eat it
>>
Also why doesn't God jam with us anymore like he did in the old testament days?
>>
>>16031934
facts are verifiable
>>
I'm legitimately curious about how christfags view other religions. Is it a "everybody else is crazy except me" situation? What happens if you picked the wrong religion? What if you only picked it because that was the house and culture that you grew up in? Does God account for the morally blameless?
>>
>>16032031
amen brother, this IS truth
>>
>>16032150
you sound like a science expert
>>
>>16032756
Because he made a new covenant where he decided he was being a fucking dick to us and should stop.
>>
File: charles.jpg (16KB, 298x426px) Image search: [Google]
charles.jpg
16KB, 298x426px
So the bible is the word of God
and the authority on this is the Bible
which must be true, because it's the word of God
>>
>>16032319
If Satan is so tricky, how do you know that he didn't set this whole thing up?

I mean, we sure seem to know an awful lot about him, for a prince of lies
>>
>>16028391
yes. With God, ALL things are possible
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.