[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't understand why my computer just shuts off whene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: jrxivm.png (42KB, 754x524px) Image search: [Google]
jrxivm.png
42KB, 754x524px
I can't understand why my computer just shuts off whenever I try to do something. This event isn't too common but it happens enough to annoy me. Everything just powers down. No blue screen or system warnings or whatever. Just nothing. It all just shuts off like it was just powered down.

An example of what I'm doing is that I'm running just Facerig on medium settings and Firefox and a crash happens. Though it's a few minutes later after opening FR.

I built my rig 5 years ago, and now everything, save for the mobo & proc and the 1TB Seagate HDD, have been replaced by new hardware.

I had this problem 2 years ago with the first PSU - it was a 500W.. something. It came with this case: http://a.pomf.cat/oteiwj.txt I swapped it out and I think I might have one or two of the sudden computer crashes, but didn't act on it. I don't remember. I do remember that playing BF3 would cause it to crash, and I had it on the lowest settings.

I asked some of my friends and one said that it's the mobo & proc since they haven't been swapped, and another says that it's the PSU failing.

TL;DR Is it the mobo & proc causing my sudden computer crashes or the PSU?
>>
>>8127
it's the memes
>>
>>8127
Never heard of this case maker, is the PSU inhouse? If it is, it might be the issue. CPU/mem failure would throw you a BSOD and anything else failing wouldn't shut off the PC. You might want to borrow a friend's PSU and try to troubleshoot the issues. If it's not the PSU, the mobo is dying.
>>
>>8163
I believe it is inhouse, even though I do not know what that means, honestly. That was the first case that I got but I swapped that with a Coolermaster HAF 922. I also swapped out the PSU that came with the first case for a Corsair PSU 750W.
>>
Try cleaning cpu + reapplying thermal paste
It could be over heating
>>
Psu is crapping out
>>
>>8181
Well corsair while not exactly reputable shouldn't have issues with this config at 750W honestly, especially if the PSU is new.

Try >>8186 , your CPU might be overheating. Check the temperatures with a non-shit tool like HWinfo.
>>
I took out the CPU and heatsink but they're stuck together.
And I just remembered that I don't have any thermal paste.
>>
Oh fuck. I bent a pin.
Multiple.
>>
>>8127

Are you OCing?
>>
>>8226
>And I just remembered that I don't have any thermal paste
tard
>>
>>8238
I really am a huge one. I was planning on getting a new CPU anyway
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.