[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a second hand netbook. I want it for reading pdf,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Mini Laptop Netbook.png (681KB, 560x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini Laptop Netbook.png
681KB, 560x1000px
I want to buy a second hand netbook.

I want it for reading pdf, watching videos 1080p, browsing. Is it a good choice?

I will use lubuntu, because I heard it doesn't consume a lot of resources.
>>
>reading pdf
OK

>watching videos 1080p
NO

>browsing
OK if not watching youtube

max res is 1024x768. slow as hell.
>>
>>382309
Ain't even good for multiple tabs on chrome
>>
>>382309
>netbook
>1080p videos
>browsing
No.

I mean, lubuntu is a good choice and all, but you're still working with a heavily underpowered machine.

Still, give mpv a try. It's really light. As for browsing, I'd recommend palemoon with uMatrix, because you really need to fend off javascript with something like that.

Also, don't expect to be able to even use youtube. So for watching online videos (and not at 1080p. I don't think even 720p would be good enough), I recommend installing youtube-dl and the Open With addon on palemoon (you'll need to go install an older version though, because palemoon is firefox before australis), and add mpv to Open With. That way, you'll be able to route youtube videos to watch with mpv.

Speaking from experience. My dad has one.

If it's not too late, get your money back, and buy a cheap chinese quadcore tablet. There's some $60-$75 Teclast ones that would work perfectly for what you want.
>>
the fuck is a netbook?
>>
specs on the machine? where are you anons seeing these specs???
>>
>>382478
lmao
>>
>>382309
>watching videos 1080p
>>
>>382427
They're absolutely fine for videos and YouTube, provided you can get the hardware acceleration to work.

If you can't then no dice.

Ideally, you'll find a 2GB ION one, because the Intel GPUs are essential unsupported. They don't even have a fully-featured XP driver, Intel just kinda bought-in some silicon from PowerVR, and shat the whole thing over the wall.

There's absolutely no reason the hardware can't support Windows 10, and do everything you need the computer to do, including WebGL and 1080p video. The only problem is the drivers being absolute dogshit.
>>
>>382309
>>382427
>>382653
ION is supported up to 342.01 (December 2016), just like a huge chunk of NVidia's back catalogue, meaning you get Windows 7, Windows 10, Aero, YouTube, 1080p video, hardware compositing in browsers, and all the other modern conveniences you'd expect from a small PC.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 2GB ION-based netbook, even though every other netbook platform is now WEEE waste.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.