[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a list of manga with anime adaptations and I want to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: img57c11ec40462f_l.jpg (185KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
img57c11ec40462f_l.jpg
185KB, 706x1000px
I have a list of manga with anime adaptations and I want to know in which form they would be better to consume. Basically I will watch the anime if it's a good adaptation (Mushishi, SZS, Bones shows for example) but if they suck, have poor production qualities and too much filler I'll go with the manga.

Here are the works:
Cat's Eye
City Hunter
Crying Freeman
Bakuretsu Hunters
Desert Rose
Kurozuka
Prison School

Devilman Lady
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Junk Boy
Hyper Police
Kekkou Kamen Houshin Engi
Mouse
Najica Blitz Tactics
Shin Angyo Onshi
Teizokurei Daydream
Triage X
>>
>Shin Angyo Onshi

I'm going to go ahead and suggest the manga as I was told the (85 minutes) movie doesn't tell the whole story, and picked a horrible spot to end at.
>>
>>380698
City Hunter is nice, and as old as me, and especially cringe if you are hasguns in real life. Go with manga, really.

Triage X if you like great artwork and happen to feel revengeful (for a reason or another). And if you like huge boobs. And casual near sex scenes including huge boobs. As a downside with Triage X you'll feel cringe if you happen to be a performance biker (I am) and into any serious personal firearms tactics (I am). The story and art is really nice though.

Prison School was greenlighted as a fetish ecchi with a number of immortal jokes. Everyone knows that.

Najica is/was honestly a beginning of an entire franchise. It was planned to take over. We will never know (to my best knowledge) why it was axed in the mid flight. I've heard it was "complicated".

I've seen about half a dozen more of those.

NEXT
>>
>>380698
For all old shows if they have a BD release up anywhere watch that instead of the manga. They look too good to pass up.
>>
>>380747
The most safe recommendation of the year. Of course it's not a problem. Anime and manga are fundamentally different productions anyway.
>>
Prison School's is a great adaption of the first ~80 chapters. You can't go wrong with either to be honest.
>>
>>380745
Thanks. I know all of those are raunchy comedy action shows. I got them from a thread where someone was recommending shows with specifically sexy but not cute girls. I just looked through all the titles I had written down in the file. But I realized some had both manga and anime adaptations and I was wondering with which to go. Especially the first seven (before the space) the women looked the best in those.
>>
>>380758
Your call.
>>
>>380764
So besides City Hunter it's basically a matter of preference?
>>
>>380698
Cat's Eye - Anime. Manga becomes darker as it progresses past the anime, ruins the tone and kind of the general concept of the story
City Hunter - Both anime and manga, quintessential works
Crying Freeman - Definitely manga, the anime is laughable dog shit that changes production for every episode of the OVA.
Kurozuka - manga is better than the anime, but you should check out both if the idea interests you, because they differ to a good degree
Prison School - Both, watch the anime first, start reading the manga from the beginning afterwards. The anime is an ok adaptation, but the art alone in the manga is worth starting the story from ch1
Devilman Lady - both, great differences down the way, manga is somewhat better experience if you read other Devilman related works beforehand
Shin Angyo Onshi - manga, the anime movie is just a cheap commercial
Teizokurei Daydream - manga, same as above
Triage X - manga, the anime is a partial adaptation, though keep in mind that overall it's shlock
>>
>>381129
Thanks a lot, this is the kind of answer I was looking for. As for Devilman I only read the original manga and watched the OVA based on part of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.