[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've watched thousands of hours of anime but never even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Yotsuba_vol1_cover.jpg (64KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba_vol1_cover.jpg
64KB, 270x400px
I've watched thousands of hours of anime but never even touched manga. where do i start? is it digital or printed? do i need to be able to read japanese? is it even worth it at this point or should i just stick to anime?
>>
>>380311

I got you, OP.

http://mangapark.me/manga/prunus-girl/s1/v1/c1
>>
>>380322
thank you. greatly appreciated
>>
>>380311
It is worth it, you get to experience what sparked the interest of the animators to animate a series in the first place. Some gems will always be hidden and not getting to know about them and appreciate them is a real shame. The relative low entry level requirement into manga for artists makes for such a diversified sets of works. One thing that made me enjoy reading manga more than I would have today is the surprise factor, since when I first began reading manga almost a decade ago all I had to go by then was an online reader and my gut feeling, I wasn't aware of the community surrounding manga and so many of the series I read were disassociated with the hype that I now see, so no high or low expectations no spoilers and no nothing, I either enjoyed a work or I didn't.

* Series I enjoyed that /a/ would rip you a new one just bringing it up:
- Elfen Lied.
- Bleach (the first arc, or was it arcs?)

* Series I enjoyed for all the wrong reasons:
- Ichigo 100% (I wasn't in it for the harem nor the panty shots)
- Tenjou Tenge (Why wasn't Masataka Takayanagi the MC???)

* Series that I never find fellow fans for
- 3x3 Eyes.

* Stuff where not knowing anything about it really played a big part in me loving the thing:
- Saikano
- GTO (Had a prequel that I don't care to read after reading THIS)

* Series for which sticking with it payed in the long run:
- Angel Densetsu (Here you watch an artist grow and transform like a butterfly would)
- Saikano

* Series that I just love and everyone else seems to agree about their masterpiece standing:
- Berserk (The black swordsman's journey is a thing akin to art for me)
- 20th century boys (the author really knows how to tell a story)

* Comfy stuff
- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
- Aria
- Yotsuba&
>>
>>380364
thanks for taking the time to write that, its really helpful.
>>
>>380311
What the hell just read something you find interesting in batoto.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.