[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I am new to this part of 4chan but need some help with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: ODESZA-Backgrounds-Desktop-1440.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ODESZA-Backgrounds-Desktop-1440.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Okay so I am new to this part of 4chan but need some help with image scaling if possible. I have this wallpaper that I need to have the same proportion/ratio as a canvas I want to paint it on. I just can't figure out how to make the right scale without it looking completely distorted. The canvas is 20" in width and 16" in height. If it's possible, I will give you the internet if you can achieve this task.
>>
>>378705
I take it this counts as "completely distorted"? It looks fine to me, but of course, the guy is weirdly thin and the top shape is oblong.
>>
File: scaled.png (5MB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
scaled.png
5MB, 2560x2048px
>>378710
Forgot pic
>>
File: imige.jpg (1MB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
imige.jpg
1MB, 2560x2048px
?
>>
>>378715
wow this one looks perfect. It fits the dimensions?
>>
>>378711
And yes, that was the problem I was coming up with.
>>
File: s2.jpg (2MB, 1800x1440px) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
2MB, 1800x1440px
>>378721
Here's a feeble attempt at seam carving.
>>
>>378723
This one looks well done also. And may I ask what seam carving is? I'm not super advanced with photo editing programs due to me being cheap and having to learn gimp on my own
>>
>>378715
>>378723
I tried both and one of them was spot on. I scaled the image down to 20" width and 16" height and its perfectly proportioned. So whichever one of you is responsible THANK YOU! And thank whoever else for replying and trying to help me out
>>
>>378720
>>378726

>>378715 was mine, it is the same proportions as a 16x20 would be, but at only 128dpi, the quality leaves something to be desired

it might be fine depending on your purpose...screen resolution is only 72dpi
>>
>>378726
I did the seam carving one. I'm guessing you used the other guy's because it is centered. Seam carving is a technique used to dynamically remove jagged vertical lines from an image progressively, by calculating which line would have the least effect. This results in a rescale that preserve shapes in the image, for instance the circle at the top of OP. It's available in GIMP as a plugin, but very experimental and situational.
>>
File: gggggg.jpg (972KB, 1440x1152px) Image search: [Google]
gggggg.jpg
972KB, 1440x1152px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.