[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone I wish to know the formula for calculating how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Dice6.png (26KB, 220x202px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dice6.png
26KB, 220x202px
Hello everyone

I wish to know the formula for calculating how much probability do I have of getting same numbers on some d10s.

For example, how much probable is to get a double (1,1 or 2,2 or 3,3 etc) on 3d10?
And a triple (1,1,1 or 2,2,2 etc)?

I just need the formula and some explanation (bonus), I think i can figure out the rest.

Thank you very much
>>
>>378336
>to get a double
Any double.
1* 1/10. The first roll counts only for the number you are aiming for, anything 0-9. Therefore the probability is 1. The second roll (regardless of it being the second or third dice) needs to repeat the first roll with a probability of one out of ten. Therefore 1/10. You didn't put restrictions on which double, nor you didn't put restrictions for Only double. You wanted only any double.

>And a triple
Any triple. 1 * 1/10 * 1/10. Same thing, the first roll is allowed to be anything, therefore 1. The second and third roll need both to repeat the first roll with a probability of one out of them for both, so you multiply those. You didn't put restrictions on which triple.
>>
>>378472
>aiming for
*getting
>>
I fucked >>378667 up
It's just the number of possibilities for each roll, multiplied together.

For double anything: 1 (possibility for the first roll) * 10 (possibilities for the second roll) = 10 possibilities, so 1 in 10

For triple anything: 1 (possibility for the first roll) * 10 (possibilities for the second roll) * 10 (possibilities for the third roll) = 100 possibilities, so 1 in 100

For double something, e.g. double 7s: 10 (possibilities for the first roll) * 10 (possibilities for the second roll) = 100 possibilities, so 1 in 100

For triple something, e.g. triple 7s: 10 (possibilities for the first roll) * 10 (possibilities for the second roll) * 10 (possibilities for the third roll) = 1,000 possibilities, so 1 in 1,000
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.