[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /wsr/, I need participants for a study of core human values.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 17

File: download.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Dear /wsr/,

I need participants for a study of core human values. It's about humans in general, so as long as you're human, you qualify.

You get a personalized report about your basic values and reference values based on your peer's data.

I get your anonymous data to fiddle with and check an idea that I nurtured for almost ten years.

Win-win in my books.

Here's the link: unipark.de/uc/personalvalues

Hugs and kisses.
>>
do bumps work at all?
>>
File: print-islamic-values.jpg (70KB, 570x502px) Image search: [Google]
print-islamic-values.jpg
70KB, 570x502px
>>
My score was 15 after answering "like me" in every dot (except in the "For this, answer Not like me"). I liked the new faster railroad and I didn't want to hire immigrant either. I'm a total Republican.
>>
Seems like they do.
>>
>>378378
that probably won't help much in checking that idea I care about, kek. But thanks anyway, I guess.
>>
>>378319
>so as long as you're human, you qualify
>excluding everyone from /r9k/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>benefitial
*beneficial
>>
>>378410
thanks! Corrected.
>>
File: benevolence.png (45KB, 1160x384px) Image search: [Google]
benevolence.png
45KB, 1160x384px
>>378411
No prob, I'm here to help.
>>
>>378413
Oh you!

37 responses btw, which is a long way to 1000, but not bad for 3 hours.
>>
File: survey.png (70KB, 469x844px) Image search: [Google]
survey.png
70KB, 469x844px
>>378383
Here it is for your convenience.
>>
>>378426
Thanks, I'll use it as a quick reference guide.
>>
File: Psychology_compressed_1920x1280.jpg (54KB, 1220x800px) Image search: [Google]
Psychology_compressed_1920x1280.jpg
54KB, 1220x800px
>>
File: Values.gif (68KB, 730x350px) Image search: [Google]
Values.gif
68KB, 730x350px
>>
Huge thanks to everyone who participated already!

126/1100
>>
>>378319
>your basic values and reference values based on your peer's data.

so, you'll be correlating age, location and income to find my peers, rather than comparing me to, say, a 19-year-old neckbeard from Tomahawk Wisconsin who's seriously into christian metal and furry cosplay?
>>
>>378746
The reference values are just averages from a large worldwide survey. But average value hierarchies are, at their core, similar across contexts, with minor variations.

I'm not recording income or location - people tend to not like these question and they're not that important to me.
>>
>>
File: DemMoralValues.jpg (66KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
DemMoralValues.jpg
66KB, 600x543px
>>
Here's the gender distribution. Not very surprising.
>>
I got lower than average on everything. Is that bad
>>
>>378898
nope - it's just your response style. What's more important is the hierarchy of values - how do you rate values in comparison with each other.

You can then see how it compares to the average hierarchy:

Benevolence-Dependability
Benevolence-Caring
Autonomy-Action
Autonomy-Thought
Face
Hedonism
Security-Personal
Security-Societal
Universalism-Concern
Conformity-Interpersonal
Stimulation
Achievement
Conformity-Rules
Universalism-Tolerance
Humility
Universalism-Nature
Power-Dominance
Power-Resources
Tradition
>>
And here are some education scores
>>
>>378319
Nice datamine.
>>
>>378974
Actually, imageboards are a great place to recruit participants if you don't care that much about the gender disbalance and can filter out troll responses.

200 responses a day x 10 minute survey is difficult to find for free elsewhere.

Although I'm fucking sick of captcha.
>>
>>378319
I'm stumped on third page. I am an Indianfag and there are railway accidents and derailing everyday so I know neither of them is safe.
>>
>>378977
Well, actually a very tiny proportion of deaths happens in derailings - over 95% of them are people crossing and/or falling from the trains...
>>
And years of birth by frequency
>>
>>379004
>2004
There are people on 4chan now that are younger than 4chan itself.
>>
>>378319
Hey OP, I got bored around the bit where the header of the "it is important to him that a long boring sentence is blah" table scrolled off the top of the screen.

Just thought you'd like to know that when writing up your "selection bias" section.
>>
>>379004
>1970: 4
>1971-1979: 0
Doubt.jpg
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (178KB, 1162x1912px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
178KB, 1162x1912px
Was interesting to take. Thanks
>>
>>379222
The list is cut-off at 3 tho. They may all have 2 or 3 in each year.
>>
>>379598
>>379222
Well yeah, there are some 40yos.

The average age is 21.2 btw.
>>
So here is a value hierarchy that's based on 400 4chan responses:

1. Autonomy-Thought - 14.25
2. Autonomy-Action - 14.02
3. Security-Societal - 13.04
4. Benevolence-Dependability - 12.96
5. Benevolence-Caring - 12.92
6. Security-Personal - 12.62
7. Achievement - 12.23
8. Universalism-Concern - 12.15
9. Hedonism - 12.11
10. Universalism-Tolerance - 11.39
11. Face - 11.23
12. Humility - 10.88
13. Stimulation - 10.72
14. Universalism-Nature - 10.68
15. Conformity-Interpersonal - 10.32
16. Conformity-Rules - 9.96
17. Power-Resources - 8.73
18. Power-Dominance - 8.36
19. Tradition - 8.06

As you can see, you're pretty cuddly care-bears. Actually, this hierarchy is not all that different from your average student sample. Which, I guess, makes sense since most of you are students. However, fun differences: higher autonomy of thought, lower benevolence, lower face.
>>
Here, check this out, this figure is basically a summary of all correlations between different values (the closer they are to each other on the figure, the stronger is the correlation between them). his two-dimensional shit above is sufficient to describe about 80% of the values data.
>>
And here is what theory predicts. (the direction in which the circle goes and its orientation is arbitrary, what matters is what is next to each other on the circle and what's on the opposing sides).

The top pic is a summary of all these unique responses about highly abstract concepts, the most precious and important things in our lives, our guiding principles. Boiled down to a single 2-dimensional image that loses, amazingly, less than 20% of data!

And it's an almost perfect replication of the bottom picture, which is a theoretical prediction of a 80-year-old dude from Israel who came up with a theory about order in human values. It's pure theory.

Pretty neat, heh.
>>
>>378319
>"An idea that I nurtured for almost ten years
Would it ruin your study if we know what that idea was? Just finished it, but it'd be interesting to know what the point of this is.
>>
>>378378
Why wouldn't you hire the immigrant?
There are no downsides.
>>
>>380646
Guy seemed like an ass, plus he would probably cause problems in a workplace that had as much as women as it does men.
>>
>>380651
Did you fill out the same survey I did? Where did it imply he would have trouble with women?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.