[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help brahs, so I was investigating why one of my front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20170831_165131.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_165131.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Need some help brahs, so I was investigating why one of my front 3.0 USBs wasn't working and it turns out one of the pins was bent on the mobo, I tried bending it back but it broke and fell God knows where. Since then my computer hasn't been able to boot properly, it will turn on, the fans and leds will all start but after about 10 sec it tsrns off and it will cycle on and off until I turn on the psi. Ive reset the cmos, reseated my ram, gpu, and hdd. Made sure all connections were tight and blower the dust from the front. I don't know what it could be. A point in the right direction would be nice. Here's a coupon as a taco bueno coupon as a thanks lol
>>
>>377642
Turn off the psu**
>>
Probably got to buy a new mobo
>>
>>377642
>$1.99 nachos
You burgers have no appreciation for how cheap your fast food is.
>so fucking jealous.
>>
>>377655
Those are normally 6 dollars goy, that's a limited edition coupon
>>
File: 1504742985030.jpg (30KB, 498x248px) Image search: [Google]
1504742985030.jpg
30KB, 498x248px
one or all the pins in the usb port is shorting against the outer metal or other contacts. the port is totalled anyways (its prolly missing that plastic lip) so just unplug the pc and ripout all the remaining pins.
>>
>>377662
The port im talking about is on the motherboard, its like 15 pins or something
>>
>>377704
Did you mess with the power connectors at all? The 19 pin usb port is completely different from those, I can't imagine why your motherboard would stop working if you just bent one of the pins for the usb connector. Either way a new motherboard is probably in your future.
>>
>>377704
OP, the pin obviously fell off and fell into some important bit of motherboard.

Take the motherboard out, take it to a bright place, and find that pin.

It's probably in a RAM or PCIe socket, but it could also be between the back of the motherboard and the case.
>>
>>377833
Holy fuck youre probability right, it fell under the gpu but didn't come out the bottom. Its just chilling in there probably. Could something like this cause damage to my mobo or anything else?
>>
>>377965
Probably not: everything in that slot is low-voltage, apart from the bit nearest the backplate.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.