[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a seedbox and how do I properly use it? - Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: WaterSuit_1280.jpg (213KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
WaterSuit_1280.jpg
213KB, 1280x960px
What's a seedbox and how do I properly use it?

-

Also, source on this image, please?
>>
>>376670
seedbox = server used solely for seeding torrents.
>>
>>376670

Picture is from a doujin called Engine Room and also Silky Whip? Seems to be chapter 11. Google "Silky Whip 11" and you'll probably get it.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6062
>>
>>376733
Half right.

You use the box to download the torrents to and then download from securely.
>>
>>376733
>>376747
>>376777
Thanks, Anons!
One bump, maybe someone is willing to explain and elaborate seedboxes even more for tech-illiterates like me.
>>
>>377076
Imagine your computer and running a torrent program on it, you're limited mainly by your disk space, and by your Download/Upload speed. Most people don't have the best internet and they don't want to cripple their internet by maxing out their upload, so they usually only let the torrent program upload a small portion of what they can.

Now imagine having a computer in the cloud (a server) that takes away both those issues by having a massive 40 gigabit connection, and really cheap disk space, Now you have a massive amount of bandwidth to seed torrents (where the term seedbox comes from) and you can download them without worrying about your ISP because they're being downloaded on the Datacenters connection, your ISP never sees anything.

Now when you want to download that torrent yourself, you wouldn't download the torrent, you would like the seedbox download it fully, then open a private connection between you and that seedbox, so you would directly download it from that seedbox via something called sFTP, Where sFTP basically makes a VPN connection between your computer and the seedbox, hiding everything from your ISP like a VPN would. Everything transferred is encrypted before leaving the seedbox, then decrypted on your computer, so your ISP never sees anything, just encrypted traffic.
>>
>>377076

Alright:

Imagine farmer Brown wants to get some apples from the neighbours' magically multplying apple tree- where taking an apple just leads to taking a copy, not the original one.
He can 1. Go there in person take the apples and put them in his basket and then optionally plant one in his own yard so other people can then get some apples from his tree too- that is normal torrenting and seeding
2.Pay farmer Green a small sum so that HE goes to the neighbour's yard and takes the apples, then puts them in his shed and gives Brown the key to the shed. The thing being that even if Brown has something else to do and cannot go to his neighbour's yard himself there will still be the basket of apples from there ready in the shed for him to take at once. That's seedboxing, the shed being the seedbox.
Optionally he could then again plant one of them in the shed and open the back door so everyone else can then again get apples from that tree again- that would be seeding from the seedbox.
It is in the end non- local torrenting, a server somewhere downloads the torrent for you even if your own PC is shut down and then you can download the torrent at once when you feel like it.
>>
>>377126
>>377133
Great contributions, thank you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.