[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a substitute teacher for a class of 11 year olds for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1504555039700.webm (3MB, 877x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1504555039700.webm
3MB, 877x1043px
Im a substitute teacher for a class of 11 year olds for about two weeks. Im 100% their teacher and i can pretty much do whatever.

(i dont have a teachers education)

does anyone know any games that will fool them into learning? or anything clever or specific that i can teach them?
>>
Truth or Dare
>>
>>376597
what kind of class is it?
>>
>>376602
a class of twenty 10-12 year olds. its a public school (in norway) and, well, im basically their teacher in all the courses, but if i want to spend an entire math class talking about evolution, or whatever, then i pretty much can.
>>
>>376604
try asking /adv/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_agxK6fLs
>>
>>376597
>(i dont have a teachers education)

then i would gently suggest you find someone who does have a teacher's education, and presumably qualifications, give them the job and go back to being a greeter at Walmart.
>>
File: reducto_told_you_so.jpg (59KB, 265x311px) Image search: [Google]
reducto_told_you_so.jpg
59KB, 265x311px
>>376604
teach them the truth about primate nature. explain that primates gather in tribes and then viciously compete for dominance. it'll explain bullying, for one thing.
>>
I'm not qualified to answer, but my mother is a teacher of the same age group (but very low grade) students.

As always, it depends solely on the student's motivation to learn. You could find the best, scientifically-verified 100% success rate method out there, but if the student isn't interested in learning anything, they won't bother remembering it. Now, unless you're teaching a class of low-grade students, the pupils tend to pay enough attention, given that your exercises are engaging.
However, creating an engaging topic to teach them something will sacrifice your time spent making the activity, the student's time learning the activity, and the amount that you can teach them. Doing everything in small bites is fine, but it will take longer.

What you want to teach them, exactly, is the first question you should answer. You said you're teaching all topics, but what will they really learn if you skim just the surface of every single topic at once?

Needless to say, you could teach them about the real world, specifically relating to jobs and how a career in academics' isn't going to always yield a high pay grade (and especially the fact that you will NEVER get a high paying job without time or status). Physical work can earn just as much or more than the pay grades listed on some poster, and it's something that many schools will never make clear.
Now, while things that would help them be successful are all well and good, it doesn't really answer your question.

My personal advice would be to look to YouTube, and show the kids preexisting educational videos on the topic you want to teach.
Having a teacher right there helping you instantaneously is a cool concept, but teachers who spend a lot of time planning and making engaging videos have already done a better job than you before you've even started. It may devalue the concept of teaching, but what, really, do students gain from you repeating (in your own words) what somebody has already taught in layman's terms?
>>
>>376597

Teach them about feminism and racism lol
>>
>>376923
kindly this
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.