[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>computer stutters every single fucking time on every game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1477631047403.jpg (124KB, 686x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477631047403.jpg
124KB, 686x800px
>computer stutters every single fucking time on every game
>after some time stutter stops
>all game reads 60 FPS even while stuttering
>all graphics on lowest settings, stutter wont stop
>task admin says performance is pretty low and nothing is bottlenecking anything
>read online and read that f.lux could be causing it
>uninstall f.lux
>stuttering continues
>have nothing but steam, and the drivers and the game in the task bar running
>stuttering wont stop

I dont have the money to buy a new computer but holy fuck i wanna burn this thing to the ground. It never happened in the 5 years i had it.

Does AMD not know how to make drivers or something?

I am running an SSD, DDR3 RAM, Sapphire HD 6950, and an intel i5 2500k

i have NO idea what could be causing it and its literally making every game unplayable worse than sub 30 FPS framerate.
>>
Update. It seems that this DOES happen while outside games. I can see some slow down while scrolling down a website with no other apps open. Could it be my CPU or my GPU or my SSD?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>376377
Meme aside. Is it a windows software issue? that probability isn't off the table.
>>
Update: microstutter seems to be aligned with CPU usage pikes when i noticed playing a few games windowed. Apparently AMD has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>376473
Install your CPU cooler properly.
>>
>>376489
Its an hyper evo 212 which i am sure i installed properly. Besides, heat has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>376492
I'm sure you didn't. You need to fill the gaps between the pipes with goo, otherwise the goo that's supposed to be spreading out across the surface of your CPU instead just goes in the gaps between the pipes.

https://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170&limitstart=5

>Besides, heat has nothing to do with it.
Sure it does: local overheating will make the CPU stop the clock, and it won't register on the thermal diode (which records the average heat of the package), or on the OS (which isn't running when the CPU isn't running).
>>
>>376509
but its NOT overheating. Its relatively cool at all times.
>>
>>376513
Says what? The CPU thermal diode that measures the average temperature of the CPU?

You problem is that you didn't install the cooler properly, so parts of the CPU are heating to over 100 degrees, the CPU is pausing to let the heat spread out, and resuming when they cool down. But then they just heat right back up again because the base of the cooler is meant to be picking up the heat directly, but it isn't. A small amount of heat creating a very high temperature in a tiny area won't affect the average heat of the die, which will look fine.
>>
>>376517
Allright. It could be it but i cant say that it doesn't sound like bullshit.
>>
>>376517
Wait a fucking second, aren't the thermal sensors displaying on the computer what the CPU knows? how do you mean that there are small thermal sensors that wont be registered if in realtemp if those are the sensors used to declock?
>>
OP here, i got it fixed but i wanted to point out that it wasn't the thermal paste, it was apparently malware. Updating windows with all the updates minus the language packs and cleaning up with spybot made the entire issue dissapear.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170823-014320.png (974KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170823-014320.png
974KB, 1920x1080px
>>376306
>computer stutters every time
kamimamita
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x353px
>>376527
Nope. See that block labelled "on-die power management"? See how fucking big it is? See how it's got 40% of the transistors an entire core has?

The power manager deals with thousands of performance factors, and handles every element of the processor's voltages and clocking. It determines when the processor can turbo, it determines when the processor must throttle, and it does so using a huge array of sensors the OS can't see.

As a courtesy to the OS, it provides a single temperature reading so it can display a general indication of the core's health. Stuff like turbo boost and speedstep simply wouldn't be possible with only the rudimentary data a hardware monitor shows you. Thermal protection must be done on chip and can't rely on the OS, because what if it's crashed? Should the chip just go on fire?
>>
>>376530
I guess installing gentoo would have worked. In all seriousness, once you're not using your computer mostly for games, windows isn't that great.
>>
>>376567
Sure it is.

It's the little things like when you rename a file somewhere, it changes in that filepicker you left open on the same directory, so you can just select it without having to refresh the view. Everything uses the same toolkits, so everything just works.
>>
>>376796
You're retarded
>>
>>376809
Meh, you get what you pay for.
>>
>>376796
>It's the little things like when you rename a file somewhere, it changes in that filepicker you left open on the same directory, so you can just select it without having to refresh the view.
I just tested that on Debian 8, had the same behavior you described.
>>376811
>Meh, you get what you pay for.
Built in spyware and ads?
>>
>>376876
Try it with an xterm and a KDE app. It won't work.

Fonts that aren't shit, font rendering that isn't shit, and font rendering that can't pwn your computer are also nice things. Every process being able to open \\server\share\file as if it were local, and a GUI entirely usable without a mouse are also nice things.

Linux sucks balls at "getting stuff to work with other stuff". The true value of integration comes when you get the last 10%, but that's never happened on Linux so there's always some stupid app that looks different or doesn't respect your settings or flat doesn't work with the rest of your desktop. The reason the "year of the linux desktop" never happened, even though everything interesting is now inside the same browser on every platform, is that linux is not a good desktop, and Windows is.
>>
>>377028
>xterm
That's a terminal program, irrelevant to what you described.
>KDE app
nobody's forcing you to use kde
>fonts
if you have recent software for it installed, it depends upon how you have it configured. When I did use windows, the default settings made it look bad. Also installing new fonts is possible.
>Linux sucks balls at "getting stuff to work with other stuff".
example?
>is that linux is not a good desktop, and Windows is.
then why does windows go so far as to emulate linux in order to accommodate people who would program in c++? what do you want out of linux that windows provides and linux apparently doesn't have?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.