[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a brand new laptop from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: help pls.png (43KB, 635x601px) Image search: [Google]
help pls.png
43KB, 635x601px
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I have a brand new laptop from work with W10 and it's fucking sluggish as fuck.
I've googled around and it says that W10 has this problem where it literally uses 100% of the CPU and RAM. What's fucking weird is that the thing is brand new and there's only the basic programs in it.
I can't even so much as open Word and it gives me an error saying there's not enough RAM for fuck's sake.
I'm at my fucking wit's end because I can't seem to fix this shit.
Fucking W10. The only solution I can think of is to downgrade this to 7.
>>
You've got Task Manager open anyway; kill all the programs consuming your system resources.
Click on the process consuming a large amount of resources (Windows Module Installer Worker, for example) > End Task

Until all those programs fuck off, your system will run slow. Try that first, then seek assistance.

Downgrading to Windows 7 won't do that much by the way. The programs consuming resources will probably still run, and slow your computer as a result. And if they don't run, you could have probably uninstalled them in Windows 10 anyway.
>>
>>375822
I can't though, it always says Access Denied, even with administrator privileges.
>>
>>375807
>its brand new
Its probably just windows update eating up everything.
>>
>>375831
There is a fuckton of updates.
But google search says that those processes eats up the CPU so I'm really not sure.
>>
>>375822
Also, I would like to say that I'm posting from another PC so that should give you an idea of how fucking slow this piece of shit is.
>>
>>375834
Windows Modules Installer Worker is windows update and will whore the fuck out everything on your computer. You are just gonna have to wait till it does all the updates or disable updates.
>>
its updates
disabling updates when the comp knows there is updates there won't help
>>
>>375807

>Installer Worker

Deactivate Updates. Don't disable them, DEACTIVATE them, to do this you set the Windows Update service to disabled in the service controls.
Alternatively if it's still new so nothing is lost install another OS. Throwing that shit away by formating and installing 7 without even entering it once would be the first thing i'd do.
>>
>>375862
Yeah, do this.

Later, a helpful guy in Romania will update your computer for you.
>>
I've disabled both Windows Modules Intaller Worker and Antimalware Service Executable in Services.
The fucking problem now is that it still randomly runs in the background, seriously what the fuck is up with this shit.
>>
>>375903

Is the Windows Update service still running?
Windows Update is notorious for not really holding its promise that it is disabled. Could be that whenever it itself runs it enables and runs the required modules installer again.
>>
>>375910
Hmm, I've done everything from Services up to Task Scheduler and I really don't want to tinker with the registry.
>>
>>375915

Windows Update should have a service that can be disabled too. If it is yet it still runs now even after rebooting- well, it's 10, the "You disabled Telemetry, now we don't get data from your computer anymore- or wait we totally still do"- system.

Try Linux.
>>
File: fuckingfinally.png (43KB, 637x590px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingfinally.png
43KB, 637x590px
Holy shit you guys I did it!
I found a microsoft post that to completely disable
Antimalware Service Executable you download a third-party antivirus and then windows will set it as the default AV and will stop Windows Defender's processes.
Windows Modules Installer Worker on the other hand also works with the app store's auto-update settings so disabling that completely stopped it.
Now I'm not sure if the memory usage is normal because I've never seen it go below 40% as of the moment.
>>
>>375922

Well how much RAM do you have, then look at how the usage is added up to.It is only unusual if some program is hogging unusual amounts of RAM, but as it seems from that bar you have a shitload of processes running there, each only consuming a bit and that simply stacks up.
>>
>>375924
Well all of it are system processes and drivers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.