[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

waddup /wsr/ been having an issue with my computer where the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: W2r4qhcYeiNAsT8z_500.jpg (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
W2r4qhcYeiNAsT8z_500.jpg
124KB, 500x500px
waddup /wsr/
been having an issue with my computer where the screen freezes only while gaming (PUBG, rocket league, LoL, the forest), but sound isnt doing that repeating thing, and i can still talk to friends on various comms. happend the same day i had installed a 5ghz wireless usb receiver. uninstalled/reinstalled driver. still did it. next day, my screen turned black while playing, then i hard reboot and it was green lines on a black screen (sometimes just solid green) with a neon windows logo in the back
at first i thought it was my video card, a gtx 660 from 5ish years ago. so i replaced that with a gtx 1060. the issue still persued.
then i noticed my pc would only black screen when im logging into it (sat on bios screen for 10 or so minutes testing a possible overheat or time issue and nothing happened). so i derived it was a memory issue, bought new ram and it went away. great.
then today, my screen freezes in place, can still hear my friends in voice chat and they can hear me. so the issue wasnt the video card or ram. im stumped. next thing id think would be my gpu failing (amd fx 6300 6 core, also about 5 years old, or motherboard. but at that point ive basically built a whole new computer.
thoughts, help please.
pic is my mobo: m5a99fx pro r.20
>>
>>374478
Seems like more of a software issue than hardware, I'm surprised you never tried to reinstall Windows but first spent several hundred dollars with new hardware. The screen freezing but the system continuing to work makes me think it's not a CPU issue at all, sounds like a driver issue, Especially with what you're describing you saw on screen, artifacting is pretty common in bad cards and bad drivers. You tried to reinstall the Wireless cards drivers but have you tried to reinstall the video cards? use DDU to wipe them, then reinstall them and see if that helps, hopefully if fixes the issue.

If that doesn't work it sounds maybe like a motherboard issue, with how it started after you added the wireless card, maybe that PCIe slot is faulty and causing system hangs, you can try and test this by moving the wireless card down a slot. But this being the issue seems pretty far fetched, I'm just throwing it out there.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.