[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons help me with my desktop for I have run out of ideas how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1467884542820.png (124KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467884542820.png
124KB, 1440x900px
Anons help me with my desktop for I have run out of ideas how to solve my problem. My specs:

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5
Asus strix 1070
amd fx-9370
16 gigs ram
1 ssd
1 hdd

My particular problem would be the low performance I am getting doing almost everything. I have resetted the pc 2 times in this 3 months and the performance I received were quite similar. For an example while I am playing PUBG / Dota2 or League of legends which would be a trival game for a card like 1070 , fps counter drops to 50-70 in a stutter kind of way. I have seen much , much older and worse builds pull of stable 300 fps on some of the games I play and this frustrates me alot. I have monitored the temperatures and in game and the card is maximum 50 , same goes for the CPU it goes to 70 or 60 max I reckon. I have read that 1070 and 9370 will bottleneck everything regardless of how easy is to run the software , however I've never seen a bottleneck like this. My friend almost has the exact build the only difference being the motherboard and a 4970k instead of my AMD. I do think that the problem might be the CPU but I need to know for sure because last time I thought it was my old 770 and decided the upgrade to 1070 and I was obviously wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>374178
Just to double check : your video cable is connected to the gpu, right?
>>
What OS?
>>
>>374180
positive
>>374181
w10
>>
>>374182

Can you post a speccy? Is your memory dual 8 GB sticks? If so are they dual channel?.

Have you checked WHAT is actually maxing out during game play?. If it's CPU or GPU?
>>
>>374184
It is CPU and yes I run dual channel 8 gigs
>>
>>374185

I really don't know what it could be. I have a 8350 myself but don't game too much so I can't compare when it comes to gameplay.

Is the game installed on HDD or SSD? You try disabling antivirus?
>>
>>374178
I'm assuming you're playing on 1080 or 1440p and nothing more than that
>>
Dual display or single display?
>>
>>374187
its on ssd AV doesnt help either
>>374190
yes its 1080p
>>
>>374178
>.I have resetted the pc 2 times in this 3 months

what do you mean by this, formatting? It's hard to pinpoint the problem without testing everything, Maybe get together with your friend and test all your periferals on his pc to find out what the problem is? But most likely it's the cpu
>>
>>374193
yeah I meant format in case of viruses and such
>>
>>374178
"bottleneck" doesn't mean that you get worse performance than either component can deliver on its own, just that you get the best performance of the worst component.

Assuming for sake of argument that you had a CPU bottleneck, putting in a 1080Ti wouldn't make the performance worse, it would make it the same.
>>
>>374178
were you getting similar or better results with the 770? Your cpu is more than good enough, but maybe there's a problem with it, with the power supply unit (does it have enough power for the 1070?) or with the motherboard
>>
>>374197
then the possible solution is to
upgrade the cpu?
>>
>>374200
the CPU is good enough but it might be frying
>>
>>374199
i have corsair cx750 , while 1070 did improve some stuff but it was really trival. In other words it allowed me to tweak the textures , lighting and sampling however the stutter or the main problem still persisted , the games looked better but the overall performance was the same
>>
>>374178
Impossible to tell, assuming everything is connected properly, there are no heat/dust issues and the PSU is supplying enough power for everything, only way to tell is to test each component on its own
>>
>>374201
ive checked the temps again , on load they go 60-70 max but on 55 45 usual
>>
>>374203

If you lower the settings do you still get stutter?. What are you running it at now ultra?
>>
>>374178
buy a better cpu
>>
>>374211
Im only playing league and dota on ultra pubg is currently on best performance. I lose fps only on particular settings or its noticable particular ones . Shadows , other player effects ( like in blade and soul this setting annihilates the pc if i turn it on). I guess reflections kind of effects it
>>
>>374216

Try disabling some things like Turbo Core and Cool N' Quiet and see if that affects anything.

Make sure Windows is on perfomance power setting.
>>
>>374200
Your CPU should be fine. Your symptoms are classic ones of a CPU intermittently stopping the clock because of local bursts of temperature; this implies that your heatsink isn't spreading the heat properly.

Check your heatsink and thermal compound installation.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.