[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have NO IDEA how to even do the problem below. Sketch the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1421885872364.jpg (88KB, 623x472px) Image search: [Google]
1421885872364.jpg
88KB, 623x472px
I have NO IDEA how to even do the problem below.

Sketch the graph of one function which satisfies both of the following:
lim x → 3 f(x) = 5 AND limx → −∞ f(x) = ∞

Last time I did algebra was years ago. I have no idea how to graph functions, let alone limits at this point.
Can anyone show me how to graph this? I don't mind being given the right answer as long as it's show how to get to it. Rather it would help that way.
>>
>Sketch the graph of one function
>one function
So you need only one, not all of them. That way you can choose a really simple function that comes to mind that fits these requirements, and then just prove it.
A really simple one is f(x)=x^2-4
>>
Now if you don't even need to prove, then you should just sketch the graph of f(x)=x^2-4 (boy I sure hope you can do that it really is kindergarten tier) and you're all done
>>
>>373373
>>373380
Thanks, guys.

I don't know if I'd call this kindergarten, but like I said it's been a while so my mind just stops. It stops until I really know how this works.
If either, unless you're the same person, know a good guide on how to graph off functions in general then just link that to me and I can learn. It's really just the graph part throwing me off.
>>
>>373383
Well, sorry for bashing you then. The function is really just the quadratic parent function moved down by 4 along the Y axis. I hope you can graph the quadratic function.

If not, here,s a bit of help:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=graph+f%28x%29%3Dx^2-4
>>
>>373389
Thanks. I'm really looking to grasp this concept, especially because I'll need it to go through calc. So I need to relearn all this stuff suddenly. Trying my best to do so.
>>
For the record I will need to go through Calc III in college. Considering that I need to be able to understand this concept not just to get an A, but because it pertains to my major in multiple ways.

So any help that will help me relearn to graph functions is a huge help.
>>
>>373366
another one that works is f(x) = -x + 8

f(3) = 5

limx → −∞ f(x) = ∞
>>
How's the progress OP?

Also, if you try to understand this, and not just want to solve the problem (as in trying to learn to fish instead of getting a fish) then off you go to
>>> khanacademy.org
>>
>>373726
Haven't been able to get to it yet because work, but thanks for asking.

Yeah I've looked through the site for a bit of other things. Also one called mathisfun. Looks kind of childish but it's helpful too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 321x233px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 321x233px
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.