[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an issue with a laptop i'm working on. It could not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 56113i16858F597F013FE4.png (1KB, 406x276px) Image search: [Google]
56113i16858F597F013FE4.png
1KB, 406x276px
I have an issue with a laptop i'm working on. It could not boot due to issues with artifacts appearing on the screen which would indicate that the GPU was near dead.
I uninstalled the motherboard and reflowed the GPU with my heat gun.
I reinstalled all the components and when I hit the power button various solid colors appear on the screen, white, red green and then some gradient test.
Did i fry the GPU or did i botch something els?
>>
>>372897
Wait, you own an SMD reflow station, but not a POST card?
>>
>>372915
How does a heat gun become a reflow station?
>>
>>372929
i think he just wanted to let us know he knew some words associated with your request

try resetting the cmos, the graphics test screen is a weird one on me, i'm racking my brains
>>
>>372929
Because what kind of fucking imbecile would try to fix a laptop with a wallpaper stripper? "A laptop I'm working on" implies you present yourself as a professional; maybe it's time to start acting like one?

You're attempting a board-level repair. You should own a fucking POST card. They're less than $5, and with one you could approach your problems methodically, instead of fucking about with random components.

>>372930
Also try having a look on your motherboard for a switch marked "broken", and try turning it to "fixed".
>>
>>373103
I have no use for a novelty item, so far I've reflowed two laptops succesfully, with my "wallpaper stripper" and this third one either wasn't successful or I botched up something els. If I were in the profession I would have the required tools, and the required knowledge.
But thank you for your input.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.