[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installed MPC-HC & madVR. LAV filters were included (internal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: logo-256x256[1].png (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
logo-256x256[1].png
31KB, 256x256px
Installed MPC-HC & madVR. LAV filters were included (internal LAV filters).

I have a few questions:

> Quite a few tutorials recommend installing LAV filters separately. Why is that?

> Am I going to be alright if I use the x64 version of the program now in 2017? I've read that for compatibility reasons I should stick to x86 (I plan to use SVP).

> Any settings recommendations? Tips?
>>
Did you use the K-lite codec pack?. I suggest it. It takes care of most settings for you.
>>
>>372834
You should use x64 if you are using SVP. Please note that you can't really use both SVP & too many madVR filters at the same time or SVP will grind to a stop.
I would just reccomend following SVP's guide for setting it up and leaving the other settings in MPC HC as is.
>>
>>372869
I don't want to use codec packs because of the instability that is associated with them. Plus K-Lite is dead and hasn't been updated in a while.
>>372919
Is SVP actually worth it? How enjoyable is the experience of regular movies on higher frame rates?
Also SVP forces me to use DXVA2 (copy-back) as my hardware decoder instead of NVIDIA CUVID (GTX 1060). Isn't that a bad thing?

Thanks
>>
>>372954
I'll agree with you on codec packs, there isn't much need for them anymore. SVP does force you to use DXVA2, but it shouldn't matter as long as you don't use any upscalers/fancy features of MadVR since it can't handle both at once.
I used to use it but I switched to madVR's less-decent built-in interpolator because I like to watch old tv shows & cartoons that are usually DVD rips and like them to look extra sharp with upscalers.
>>
>>372963
So SVP is better than madVR/NVIDIA CUVID for the latest movies and TV series? Say, like Game of Thrones?
>>
>>372971
It's a much nicer looker interpolator in terms of smoothness, but it's specific settings combined with being a bit slower make the usage of any other filters neigh-impossible.
tl;dr Yes, if all you want to do watch videos and don't care about upscalers,etc.
>>
>>372977
Well, I don't know. I don't have a problem with spending time to tweak everything if it's going to give me the best results.
If I up-scaled and tweaked other settings and filters in madVR ,would I get a better image quality than SVP?
>>
>>372985
First of all, SVP is an interpolator - it simply makes stuff look a higher framerate than it actually is. It doesn't actually make the video look any better, just smoother because higher framerate.
MadVR's upscalers & tweaks are mostly aimed at upscaling low-quality video to appear better than it actually is (i.e. making 480p look a bit sharper and clearer). Since you talk about GoT and recent stuff, I'm going to assume all of your stuff is 1080p or close enough so that you won't have to worry about upscaling, etc.
As such, you should probably just stick with MPC HC & madVR's settings out of the box, and just follow SVP's guide for installation.
>>
>>372987
Why stick with the core settings when I can tweak and get a superior image quality? I might as well use VLC.
>>
>>372994
Because you can't use fancy madVR settings & SVP at the same time, I speak from experience (I have a GTX 1060 as well, it drops frames like crazy and completely negates the interpolaton as well as making the video look blurry)
>>
>>372998

Aghh...It's so hard to decide.

Fancy madVR settings or SVP?
>>
>>373001
Personally I chose the middle route and went with madVR's smooth motion (their lesser version of SVP) & fancy settings since I care more about sharp video than smoothness, but I imagine it depends most on the quality of what you watch.
>>
>>373003
Does madVR's smooth motion increase the frame rate?
>>
>>373004
Yes, it is an interpolator like SVP, but not nearly as smooth.
>>
>>373011
Can it do 60 FPS?
>>
>>373014
Yes, but it does not look as visually smooth.
>>
>>373018
Still better than vanilla though right?
>>
>>373019
Yes.
>>
>>373026

Thanks
>>
>>373035
No problem. Also going to shill for mpv since MPC HC is no longer being developed and we may have to switch to it someday.
>>
>>373037

Why not MPC-BE? It looks like a decent fork. MPV doesn't support madVR.
>>
>>373040
I use BE as well, but the fact that HC is no longer being developed leads me to believe it might be deprecated soon as well. mpv has a completely different rendering engine seperate from madVR, but it also has most of the same options.
>>
>>373044

Is BE better and as feature-packed as HC?

I don't see why BE would be deprecated if HC is killed. They're different groups.
>>
>>373049
BE is a fork of HC, all the same features to my knowledge. It only has a few additional features, which leads me to believe it might be deprecated too due to not being that large/well-known.
>>
>>373077
>>373049
>>373044
>>373037
Why does it matter if it's being developed or not?

1) it's open-source
2) all it is is a frontend for directshow
>>
>>373049
Only feature I've seen is the preview hover and mp3s have cover art.
>>
Not OP but I have some questions regarding setting this up myself.

Starting small here: Should I opt for hardware decoding or software decoding? And why?
>>
>>372834
ReClock is the only thing I know of that won't be compatible with x64.
>>
>>373434
Software, because hardware decoding can never be updated and often has bugs and missing features.

Only use hardware on embedded systems that can't afford the heat and power software decoding entails.
>>
>>373437
Why does ReClock do exactly? I've read somewhere that it syncs the audio with the video but I've never had any issues with that.
>>
>>373458
AIUI, it syncs the audio with the video if your monitor isn't capable of displaying the video at its native framerate and you don't want to move/drop frames to keep the video synchronised with the audio.

Most flatscreen monitors can't display most video framerates (24, 25, 59.94), because they're not a factor of 60.

A non-shit monitor or a TV is a better solution if you want to watch videos without dropping frames or changing the speed the video plays at.
>>
>>373484

How do I check if I need ReClock? I have a Dell U2414H.
>>
>>373524
Unless you've set up custom timings and set your player to select them, then you do.

And also you don't, because this whole time you've not been doing that, you've not noticed any difference.

In any case, adding 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 71.928Hz, and 72Hz, and setting your player to use them as appropriate, will let you display 24 (Film), 25 (PAL), 23.976 (Film transferred to HDTV/NTSC) and 29.97 (HDTV, NTSC) in their native framerates, which is a better solution than retiming the audio or retiming the video.

Your monitor does not state compatibility with these framerates, but people on the hoverweb say it works.
>>
>>373533

My monitor has 50, 59, 60 and I'm using a display port.
So I don't need ReClock?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.