[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some challenges that look dirt-easy at first, but bec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: math.jpg (17KB, 352x195px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
17KB, 352x195px
I need some challenges that look dirt-easy at first, but become very difficult when you try to solve it.
like in, pic related this is the solution:
www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x%2F(y%2Bz)%2By%2F(x%2Bz)%2Bz%2F(x%2By)+%3D+4
>>
File: Capture.png (94KB, 514x701px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
94KB, 514x701px
Another example:
"If you have a circular field of grass, and a cow tied to a rope on the edge of the field, How long would the rope have to be to only be able to eat half of the fields grass?"

pic: part of the solution for the previous challenge, since there's so much of it
>>
File: ZBQBT1q[1].jpg (536KB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
ZBQBT1q[1].jpg
536KB, 1143x1133px
>>372629
>>
>>372639
thanks, but preferably ones that are possible to solve.

and i know that one cannot be solved legitimately
>>
>>372639
Count the doors of each room. A, B, D and F(outside) have odd number of doors. Remove any passage between those rooms and it's possible. You just have to know where to start.

Two steps to the right of you is a cliff and two steps in left of you is a nest of nest of deadly snakes. You have to tell your kidnapper 12 steps (left/right) you'll make and if you survive, you'll be free. However, he can choose to make you follow every second, third instruction and so on. Which set in instructions will you tell him?
>>
>A race car travels half of the distance in a race with a speed of 100 km/h. How fast does the racing car have to be on the second half of the track, so that the over-all average speed works out to 200 km/h?
Perhaps a bit of a trick question, but an important lession in how speed is caluclated.

>Peter climbs a hill. The path is steep and he moves only at 2 km/h. As soon as he reaches the top, he runs back down, moving at 4 km/h. What was his average speed for the whole trip?
Sounds easy, is easy, but the solution is different than most people expect at a glance. Remember the lesson from the problem above?

>Alice is looking at Bob, but Bob is looking at Charlotte.
>Alice is married, but Charlotte is not.
>Is a married person looking at an unmarried person?
>A) Yes B) No C) Cannot be determined
Can you into logic?

A classic with fond memories is this riddle from Baldur's Gate 2. Only works with multiple choice answers though, as the solution is a ratio, not a specific number:
>A princess is as old as the prince will be when the princess is twice as old as the prince was when the princess' age was half the sum of their present age.
>>
>>372707
I guess I'm a brainlet. Damnit, I didn't want to know this.
>>
File: 1504069794447.jpg (673KB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1504069794447.jpg
673KB, 1143x1133px
>>372639
solved
>>
File: 1504088524412.jpg (677KB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1504088524412.jpg
677KB, 1143x1133px
>>372712
sad
>>
>>372715
fuck i missed like 3 mistakes
>>
>>372715
Rules never said you can't draw through the lines
>>
>>372719
you passed the autism test
>>
File: imightbeautistic.png (2MB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
imightbeautistic.png
2MB, 1143x1133px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.