[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the heck does this changing of clock speed mean and is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2017-08-29+at+07.05.47).jpg (179KB, 1257x549px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-29+at+07.05.47).jpg
179KB, 1257x549px
What the heck does this changing of clock speed mean and is it worth the money? I see a lot of different editions of the same graphics cards from dealers with different speeds and "boost modes" etc.Can somebody inform me as to what these mean or at least refer me to another source that can explain? Thanks in advance.
>>
uhbump
>>
File: 4L_GbonSFGA.jpg (85KB, 650x780px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GbonSFGA.jpg
85KB, 650x780px
>>372540
So long as it's not overheating or overloading the power supply, it runs at the "boost clock".

Provided you can power and cool them adequately, faster cards are faster than slower cards.
>>
>>372540
Faster Clock = Faster Card = More FPS in games. It also means alot more heat. Cards will boost their clocks so you get more fps in games as long as the card is cool enough. Think if it as like it's overclocking itself on the go to get you the best fps to heat ratio.

The same exact GPU might have a harder time overclocking than a similar card because silicon is a lottery and not every card is equal. There are alot of different types of cards from some resellers like, SuperClock SuperSuperClock and FTW cards, Basically they are all the same Underlying GPU, the SSC cards just have an easier time overclocking themselves, well the FTW cards can overclock even easier. This is called Binning and you can Google that if you want to know more about it. But basically if the card overclocks better it's sold for more money as a FTW or Kingpin card

tldr more clock = more better, don't buy a FTW or a kingpin card, you won't have to do anything the card will manage it's clocks by itself
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.