[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my pc is 8yo and the CPU was running at +60 °C, so I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: atx.jpg (29KB, 425x240px) Image search: [Google]
atx.jpg
29KB, 425x240px
So my pc is 8yo and the CPU was running at +60 °C, so I was suggested to replace thermal paste
I did it but pc later refused to beep and turn on, I unplugged everything but the power cable, switched RAM slot and it beeped but the image given was just a bunch of white and black lines, first time I see this shit happening
Added graphic card and now the computer stucks at manufacturer's logo
Saw on internet that you needed to reset CMOS and I did but it had no effect, pc still freezes at manufacturer logo (there was a time that it didnt even beep)
Opened tower again and noticed that one of the 24-pin cable from the power supply to the motherboard was unplugged, pic related

Im sure that plugging this cable in any random place can kill my computer so I want to be sure of what to do
Gonna keep providing pics waiting for someone to pick up my problem
>>
>>370605
If pic's related, where's your cable?
>>
>>370605
Where does it come from?
>Where does it go?
>Where does it come from?
>Cotton threaded alloy
No but in all seriousness where does it come from
>>
>>370605
You might want to post this too on here >>>/g/62095692
>>
File: cropped-and-resized.png (539KB, 1254x700px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-and-resized.png
539KB, 1254x700px
>>370610
>>370614

thanks for the early help guys, this is the cable unplugged
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 458x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 458x414px
>>370628
It's obviously a +5V; just unplug the whole connector, and shove the red wire back in the corner (top-left on your picture) until it clicks.
>>
thanks, gonna try, Im sorry you had to open that gigantic image
>>
>>370641
Why delete that one
>>
>>370646
I fucked up the spoiler
>>
>>370646
right now, its not beeping or making the LED bright
>>
>>370655
Post a big, well-lit, in-focus shot of your entire motherboard, so's we can see if you've not plugged something in or plugged something in wrong.
>>
File: motherboard-photo.png (752KB, 1000x1209px) Image search: [Google]
motherboard-photo.png
752KB, 1000x1209px
>>370665
Is this shot good enough?
I unplugged the graphic card and the connectors in red circles for a better photo
>>
>>370675

Can you get into BIOS?

If so, turn off the splash screen (manufacturer's logo) as this might be hiding messages like "Can't find keyboard, Press F1 to continue".
>>
File: mcp6p m2.jpg (37KB, 1440x273px) Image search: [Google]
mcp6p m2.jpg
37KB, 1440x273px
>>370675

On the Biostar website there is pic related

"Fix sometimes can't boot to OS",

Worth looking at?
>>
>>370719
I cannot, I still cannot get it to beep >>370655
Are you asking for the BIOS becaus everything is well placed on the motherboard?
>>370723
what is this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.