[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for anime with dynamic fights. In lots of shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: summer201229624.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
summer201229624.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
I'm looking for anime with dynamic fights. In lots of shows like JoJo or HxH you'll get a few seconds of animation and a few minutes of the narrator or the characters explaining what they've done or what they'll do next. But I want none of that bullshit. Tactics and strategy are great, but I'd prefer them seeing just executed through the fight itself and not have the characters talk about it.
>>
Ping Pong: The Animation
>>
Stop watching anime adapted from shounen manga then, since what you described is a staple of battle shounen manga. HxH is a bit unusual for shounen manga in that it doesn't overly narrate fight scenes, but it makes up for that by overly narrating almost everything else.

As for "dynamic fight scenes" what are you more interested in: sakuga animation or detailed choreography? Both are uncommon and do not often coincide with each other. I know a few anime that feature several sakuga action sequences: One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Darker Than Black (especially season 2, unfortunately the writing is garbage that season), Kekkai Sensen too I guess. Those all have multiple instances of sakuga, enough that you're not having to slog through like 20 episodes to get to one decent fight scene.

As for choreography it's a bit tougher to find recs where it's common. My go-to for TV anime would be Seirei no Moribito and Ghost in the Shell, but neither really features a whole lot of action. But when they do have action it's EXTREMELY well choreographed and animated, though not the buttery smooth and stylish animation that characterizes sakuga. For a movie watch Sword of the Stranger, which is both exceptionally animated and choreographed. Bare bones story and characters, but it's sword fights almost the whole way through.

One example of anime that does both sakuga and good choreography is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. And it's a shounen manga of all things, after I said not to bother with them so now I look like a hypocrite, but FMA is also rather exceptional for an action shounen series. FMA:B's animation is stellar the whole way through and doesn't rely on expositing fight scenes like most battle shounen. Though it only really dips into sakuga-tier animation a handful of times its choreography is great the whole way through as well.
>>
>>369300
>I'm looking for anime with dynamic fights
>I'm looking for actual tactical approach to fighting
I have had the same quest for a long time. Haven't found much. Here are my takes on why:
>the difference between a war movie vs actual war fighting. Zero writers/producers/actors know absolutely nothing about that
>actual fighting in civilian world is considered disturbing, even (and especially) at the level of actual martial artists. Normal audience will feel disturbed and oppressed in the presence of real life fighters who are able to whoop their asses

>To avoid all of that, the writer/producer/actor has to add Magic in Everything to make it Entertaining, instead of Disturbing like real life is
>profit

I haven't yet seen a genuinely proper combat scene in anime from a real life tactical point of view.
>>
>>369415
Thanks. These are more along the types of anime I'm looking for. Thing is I've seen all of them so I'm looking for something else.
>>369518
I don't really mind if it isn't unrealistic, I mean in Avatar when you have benders shooting fire and ice bolts at each other it's not realistic at all but it's cool looking and dynamic.
>>
>>369561
>Thing is I've seen all of them so I'm looking for something else.
A list of anime you've seen would be helpful, I'm not a mind reader.
>>
File: 4L_BxDEFgxB.gif (2MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
4L_BxDEFgxB.gif
2MB, 540x300px
>>369300
You should stop reading walls of text and watch Birdy; Decode.
>>
Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta/Hoshi no Umi/Tsuki ni Naku
>>
>>369730
This is the only thing I've got, hope it helps:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EjcxnvS3kNzSheBFQFNGHlHQiJIvguTUDTGbMJQgERo/edit
>>
>>370114
I don't have permission to view that file.
>>
Rurouni Kenshin. At least watch Kenshin vs Saito. It's very short but that's because it goes to the point. I watch just that fight now and then.
>>
>>370120
Sorry, here you go:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EjcxnvS3kNzSheBFQFNGHlHQiJIvguTUDTGbMJQgERo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>370218
>actually watching Mars of Destruction
Haha oh wow.

But anyway, I noticed you've watched and enjoyed Fate/Zero, so you might want to try Fate/Stay Night UBW. I actually considered mentioning it in my original post but it's not quite as good as an example of choreography or animation as the others I listed. It's still substantially above par. I mean, you watched F/Z so you have a general idea of what to expect in terms of animation and choreography. If anything though, I'd say UBW's action is better done.

Unfortunately that's all I've really got for you and based on your list I'm not even sure if this was worth your time. Most people who come to /wsr/ asking for anime recs are casuals who have seen barely any anime, if they've seen any at all, so that's why you keep getting really entry level recommendations, because people just assume you're at that level. I'd recommend remaking this thread a while later and specify you want obscure titles while linking your list in the OP, that will deter people from giving you stuff you've already watched and might pique the interest of people who normally eschew these threads because they only recommend really niche stuff that casuals have no interest in. I've seen such people before, but sadly I'm not one of them. I've seen hundreds of anime, but it's all very mainstream stuff and you've watched pretty much everything of quality I would recommend to you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
>>
>>370218
I'm reiterating >>369779 The remake and OVAs were way better than the original Yozakura Quartet.

Also the action is 3d so I'm not sure if you'd count it, but Fafner Exodus has some really great fight scenes, the first season is a bit rough around the edges though.
>>
>>369300
You'll be hard-pressed to find something like that in most TV anime because the reason most anime are like that is because they generally do not have the budget for long action sequences. What you want to look at is OVAs and movies.

I recommend a movie called Sword of the Stranger. It has one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen in anime, a full five minute sequence with no dialogue, just top notch, smoothly animated action. I think it's exactly what you're looking for.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.