[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just recently started reading the Berserk manga and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Berserk_Manga_cover_volume_1.jpg (162KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_Manga_cover_volume_1.jpg
162KB, 400x564px
I just recently started reading the Berserk manga and I'm loving it, and I am well aware how the anime adaptations suck one way or another.

My question is if there are any anime that is similar enough and not afraid to go to the same extremes, while being good, close to their source material and uncensored.

Claymore comes to mind but the anime is a bit disappointing and goes full retard in the end, plus it is nowhere near as extreme in violence and nudity
>>
Narutaru
>>
drifter,but I only read the manga,but I heard good things about it
>>
>>369031
looking specifically for anime
>>369030
thanks, I'll check it out
>>
>>369031
>>369033
I misread what you said, thanks, I'll take a look
>>
File: go and watch drifters.jpg (102KB, 1275x712px) Image search: [Google]
go and watch drifters.jpg
102KB, 1275x712px
>>369031
Seconding Drifters, I don't recall sexual extremes, but it is brutal and fun as hell. Also, Hitler.
>>
>>369031
I forgot to mention there is a ova,which is basically the first episode,but more brutally,watch that first
>>
Shoujo Tsubaki

You should probably also look into 80s and 90s OVAs.
>>
Shigurui
Hellsing Ultimate
Garo Honoo no Kokuin (though it's not as gory)
Ninja Scroll
Sword of the Stranger
>>
>>369443
this

also

Afro samurai (there's a movie after the original series\movie)
Kurozuka
>>
The movies and 2016 berserk sucks, but the 1997 anime is actually great. Would recommend. Unfortunately only covers the golden age arc, though.
>>
Don't forget this bad boy:

https://myanimelist.net/manga/736/Shin_Angyo_Onshi
>>
>>369025
The Berserk anime adaptations are fine if you can set aside your prejudice about 3DCG. They're not great by any means in terms of animation standards, but I enjoyed them (Golden Age arc movies and 2016-2017 (Clang!) series). I didn't care for the 1997 series, though it is good to contrast some of the more important moments (after the 100 man fight in the woods for example).
>>
>>369648

I'm with this guy.
Granted, not everything done in 3DCG looks great, nor everything should have it, but it's passable. At least the story didn't get butchered and/or tone down for TV.

The manga is where its at, no doubt, but until Miura decides to stop playing IdolM@aster we're fucked.
>>
File: South Park.gif (2MB, 268x151px) Image search: [Google]
South Park.gif
2MB, 268x151px
>>369648
>The Berserk anime adaptations are fine if you can set aside your prejudice about 3DCG.

You mean these South Park adaptations?
>>
>>369648
even by CGI standard,2017 was bad by a lot,2016 was a lot better,but then again 2017 had way more 2D animation than 2016,but at the same time,it was worse directed with bad pacing after episode 3

on topic speed grapher,isn't battle heavy,but its my favorite anime,I never seen darker than black,but people keep calling it darker than black done right
>>
>>369719
Yeah wtf is up with the animation in S2. I feel like a get this occasional tease of competence and then it goes right back to ps3 cutscenes.
>>
Op here again, didn't know the thread was still up, thanks for all the answers guys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.