[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I do this simple shit? I'm 18, I'm just tupid.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: math.jpg (802KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
802KB, 2560x1536px
How do I do this simple shit? I'm 18, I'm just tupid. Please be patient, I don't have autism, but I'm so stupid you might think I do.
>>
>>368246
Can't you just convert them all into inches then cross multiply and divide?
>>
>>368246
>not knowing what autism means
>>
>>368250
Yup, ignore my stupidity. Doing that now. Again, I'm 18, I just never went to middle school/high school, and now I'm in college.

I pretty much have adult education for everything except for math.
>>
Another way is to expand the left fraction to eliminate the units by multiplying denominator and numerator by 4:

7ft 6in/5ft 3in = (28+2)/(20+1)= 30/21

Now multiply by 10.5 ft and you obtain the lenght L.
>>
>>368246
>>368252

[2 parts] of a [4 parts] pie, is the same as [8 parts] of a [16 parts] pie, right?

Put in simpler terms, 2/4 is the same as 8/16.

Now, how would we calculate the 8 in our second pie?

The first number(s) in a division, or, the numbers above the line, are called the numerator. The number(s) below the line, are called the denominator.

We take the denominator from our second pie, i.e. 16, and devide it by the denominator from our first pie, i.e. 4. That would give us 16 divided by 4, which equals 4.

This last answer means that ALL our second pie's numbers are 4 times as big as our first pie.

To calculate the numerator from the second pie, we would simply multiply our first pie's numerator by the answer we just calculated, which is 4.

4 x 2 = 8!

Now, you have to imagine that there are cherries, and sprinkles on our pie, so instead of 2/4 = ?/16, we would get something looking like your mathematical problem, something like this: (7 cherries + 5 sprinkles)/(8 bottoms + 2 layers) = (? cherries + ? sprinkles)/(24 bottoms + 6 layers), which is childrens language for (7+5)/(8+2) = (?+?)/(24+6).

Because the proportions of the recipe of our pie haven't changed, we only need one number of both pies. We don't need to compare the bottoms AND the layers. Comparing only the bottoms with eachother gives us enough information about how our numbers have scaled.

So that would be 24 divided by 8, or 24/8, which equals 3.

Now to find out how many cherries and sprinkles our second cake has, we have to multiply all the other cake's cherries and sprinkles by 3. Which would give us (7+5) x 3, which equals (21+15), which is our answer.

(7+5)/(8+2) = (21+15)/(24+6)!

Hope this helps you anything

If you're still not getting the hang of it, try googleing "Cross multiplication Rule of three", which is essentially the same thing and easier to remember.

Good luck!
>>
>>368285
>>368280
Thanks guys, think I understand it. The answer is 180 in or 15 ft, right? Or am I just being stupid again?
>>
>>368553
That's correct. Never publicly reveal that you are this uneducated.
>>
>>368553
In the case of an easy problem like this, you can also just remember that proportions are proportional. That is to say, the whole point of this math exercise is to remind you that if you double one side you gotta double the other.

10'6" is double 5'3", you should know that just from a glance, therefore the numerator on the right must be double 7'6", which is 15'.
>>
>>368246
So what's your situation here, anon? You have my intrigued.
>>
>>368601
Basically I dropped out of schooling when I was in middle school to play vidya games and watch videos. I ended up having an interest for history, science, all sorts of stuff, so I learned the bare minimum needed to pass the GED test.

And since I was on the computer for years on end with little to nothing else to do other than sleep, eat, and shit, I'm pretty good at technical stuff. Surprisingly I'm also really good at talking to people, and somehow even managed to talk myself into getting a job at Papa Johns.

I'm also in my second year of college, 4th semester. Turns out that if you get your GED at the age of 16-17, you can enroll into college early because there aren't any age limits for most community colleges. Whew, that was a rant. Want more details, or was that a good enough summary?
>>
>>368610
Nah, I got it. Good luck man.
>>
>>368625
Thanks, I'll need it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.