[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a long time I thought the Fate series was dumb. Last weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1490322866368.jpg (440KB, 900x889px) Image search: [Google]
1490322866368.jpg
440KB, 900x889px
For a long time I thought the Fate series was dumb. Last weeks I have seen Fate Zero and both Fate/Stay anime should I play the VN I hear heavens feel is good. In what order do I play the VNs? Is the rest of the Nasuverse worth getting into I really like Kara no Kyoukai.
>>
You should read all the VNs written by Kinoko Nasu
>>
>>367514
>should I play the VN
Fate/Stay Night's VN is the definitive version of the story. If you want to get into the Fate franchise seriously then you NEED to play through it, it's the only place you get all the vital world building behind the Fate setting.
> I hear heavens feel is good.
Many consider it the best story route in Fate/Stay Night. It's also the most central to explaining Fate's world building and important shit about how the Holy Grail War works that you don't really get anywhere else.
> In what order do I play the VNs?
Fate/Stay Night is the core of Fate, it's what every other title is based on. You can play through F/SN and then be ready to play/read/watch anything else in the franchise in whatever order you want. There's no real chain of continuity in Fate, everything just stems off one central title as the genesis for all the major ideas in the setting.

If I were to be more broad in my definition of the "core" of the franchise though, I would extend it to include those titles which are directly tied to the events of F/SN: Fate/Zero (prequel), and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (sequel). Out of those two, only F/HA has a game. F/Z is based on light novels by Gen Urobucchi (you can read them if you like, but the anime is extremely faithful to them so there's little you'd get out of it). F/HA however is authored by Nasu, and as such the game introduces some characters and concepts that feature frequently in spin-off titles in the Fate franchise (Bazette, for instance). F/Z, while directly tying to F/SN's events, doesn't really add anything to the world building, it just works within the framework provided by Nasu.

TL;DR for this section: play F/SN then F/HA. Maybe read F/Z's books if you want. There's more games, but they're spin-offs.

>Is the rest of the Nasuverse worth getting into
That's up to you, man. If you're really hungry for more then play Tsukihime's VN. It's supposed to be getting a remake sometime in the future but who knows when that'll be.
>>
>>367514
Just read the VN. Also read Tsukihime if you liked KnK.
>>
Also just curious, why did you think it was dumb without having read/watched it?
>>
>>367517
>>367538
>>367543
Thanks going to start F/SN
>>367547
I heard about Lancers attack not killing Saber even though its not suppose to miss like ever. I heard the people in the grail war don't take it serious and its dumb waifu bait.
>>
>>367555
There's an explanation for why it doesn't kill Saber and it's more clear in the visual novel. The visual novel generally takes a pretty serious tone.

Fate/Hollow ataraxia and the spinoffs are where things get less serious. Fate/Zero has the most serious tone of them all.
>>
>>367555
A good rule of thumb in Fate is that every established rule is broken at some point. This is because Nasu tends toward hyperbole. He often says something is unbreakable or unavoidable or unstoppable etc, but he really just means "in the 'normal case' it's unavoidable", except the "normal case" almost never applies to the HGW.

For example, Cu Culain's Gae Bolg probably killed every single person he used it on when he was alive, so it lives up to its legendary description in that sense, but the people he killed were hardly warriors with the power of King Arthur were they? The "normal case" for Gae Bolg doesn't account for trying to kill a being on Arturia's level, with her kind of power and skill. There's a high degree of uncertainty whenever Servants fight because they usually haven't ever gone up against anything like their opponent before (barring 'canonical' fights between heroes that share legends of course, like Arturia and Lancelot). Just take any kind of absolute description with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to Servant noble phantasms and other abilities.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.