[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My GPU might have hit the brick, /wsr/. For a while now my screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170820_185931.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170820_185931.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
My GPU might have hit the brick, /wsr/. For a while now my screen would periodically go black, audio got distorted, and I was forced to hard reset. By now I'm not able to use my PC for now than 10 minutes because of this. However, disabling the GPU in Device Manager would fix the problem - so it's definitely caused by the GPU, or perhaps the PSU. I've tried updating drivers, checking temperatures, nothing wrong. Any help?
>>
>>367204
clean that heatsink you monster
>>
>>367206
It's actually not that dusty, it's only the flash on my camera. Besides, the temp on the GPU is fine.
>>
>>367204
The GPU is probably dead, You can try to use DDU to wipe your drivers then reinstall them, and see if theres a change but i dont think there will be, Its probably not going to be your PSU, but you can test it by putting that card is a different pc and see if it does the same thing.
>>
>>367241
I've used DDU, didn't help. I'll try testing it on a different PC perhaps. Is there a chance to save it?
>>
>>367204
If the gpu is your problem then get a new one since they're not that expensive
>>
>>367204
Well, I see you have an integrated GPU. Do the troubles disappear if you use that instead?

If yes, your card is probably fucked. Unfortunately, that is usually caused by problems we mortals can not fix.
You might be lucky just cleaning the PCIe x16 contacts with alcohol, but I doubt it.
Usually it's either bad PCB, or electro migration fucked the wrong gate in the GPU. Or the power delivery on the PCB is kill, which you could fix by looking for dead caps or zombifying it.
If you do not know what these words mean, get a new card so you don't risk killing yourself over a few bucks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.