[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trying to convert a webm with sound to mp4, and i get no sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: vlcmediaplayer_1.jpg (19KB, 525x370px) Image search: [Google]
vlcmediaplayer_1.jpg
19KB, 525x370px
trying to convert a webm with sound to mp4, and i get no sound when converted.
any programs or any way to keep the sound?
>>
>>366773
I don't use vlc, but see if you can tell it to also encode the audio to aac
>>
>>366773
ffmpeg -i input.webm output.mp4
>>
>>366779
says error if i choose AAC
>>366783
care to explain?
>>
>>366790
Get ffmpeg for your operating system.
Open a terminal / command prompt and navigate to the webm you want to convert.
Type that in. If it looks okay, great. If not, you might have to specify frame rate or bitrate for the conversion.
>>
>>366794
>implying he knows how to navigate via cmd
>>
>>366773

Download Freemake Video Converter
Load Webm
Choose output format as mp4
Adjust options if needed
profit
>>
>>366773
Use xmedia recode or if you don't wanna download anything try here.
>https://ezgif.com/video-to-mp4
>>
>>366794
ffmpeg is a pain to install, but OP you should do what this anon says.
>>
File: ffmpeg.webm (2MB, 1064x722px) Image search: [Google]
ffmpeg.webm
2MB, 1064x722px
>>366790
In case you're still in the thread or anyone else is interested, here's a short 'I just want this shit converted' guide for ffmpeg.
>>
>>366872
Is that Windows 10?
>>
>>366879
Yes
>>
>>366880
It's been almost a year now since I tried it. I forget what it looks like.
I've been messing with Windows 7 customization but it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>366882
Unfortunately amd drivers are shit on anything but win10 so I got used to it.
Starting out with win7 customization was a learning experience but universal theme patcher and other programs like it made it easy as fuck
>>
>>366883
I have those but I had trouble finding specific details on using them, and the labeling in .msstyles for example isn't very straightforward.
I have a theme I mostly like right now but I want to change the color of the taskbar and start menu, for example.
>>
>>366887
Have you tried using a program like https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/ ?
>>
>>366893
No, I couldn't find a copy of it that wasn't shady as fuck.
I have Restorator but it just lists numbered image files. The numbers apparently vary from theme to theme so there's no documentation to tell you what to change.
There's also a free msstylesEditor portable exe, but it labels things differently than Vista Style Builder and I couldn't find documentation.
>>
>>366872
dude thanks , i seriosly was having a hard time with that program... almost made it but gave up at then, will try this soon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeM3SUp-HRg
This is a good starting tutorial for webms.
>>
File: bonus.webm (3MB, 1232x732px) Image search: [Google]
bonus.webm
3MB, 1232x732px
>>367104
Don't want to fuck around with the cmd window? You can make it easier by creating a new text file, putting "ffmpeg -i %1 output.%~n0" in it, and saving it has mp4.bat. Now you can drag the file you want to convert on that batch file and ffmpeg will convert it. You don't have to rename the file you're converting to "input" this way either, but keep it all in the same folder.
As a bonus, you can rename the bat file to mp3 or wmv or whatever to convert to those if ffmpeg supports it.
Just don't convert to webm with it, it will look like shit. Use webm for retards https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.