[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to deactivate my Facebook account but continue using the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: fb_icon_325x325.png (5KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_325x325.png
5KB, 325x325px
I want to deactivate my Facebook account but continue using the Facebook Messenger app on my phone without restoring access back to my account. Is this possible? I don't have a phone number linked to my account, and I'm not planning to add one to it.
>>
>>366217
No, because messenger's primary key is Facebook accounts, not phone numbers.
>>
>>366234
So even if I linked my phone number to my account, the Messenger app still wouldn't work with a deactivated account?
>>
>>366335
No one knows?
>>
How do you propose logging into the Facebook Messenger app without an account?
>>
it actually does work. Your account won't show up in search but you'll be seen on messenger app
>>
>>366781
I can't, which is why I don't think it would work. I've Googled it and read that it would work, but it didn't. That's why I was asking if linking my phone number to my account would allow me to deactivate my account but still use the Messenger app.
>>366897
>it actually does work
It doesn't. I deactivated my account on my computer, logged into the Messenger app on my phone, but a friend I asked to check said I could still be searched for on Facebook using a computer.
>>
>>367047
No one?
>>
>>367454
Bump, I just want to know if there's a way I can deactivate my Facebook account but keep using Messenger.
>>
>>367726
>>367047
I'm not sure if you can go back but you certainly can be on messenger but not on facebook. This I believe is tied to the phone number.
>>
>>366217
Just set everything to so no one can see your profile and edit your email settings and then uninstall the app from phone and/or remove the bookmark. Done!
>>
>>367872
So I would have to add a phone number to my account to use Messenger but have a deactivated Facebook account?
>>
What do you mean by deactivate? Restrict or delete?

You can't use Messenger with a deleted account, because Messenger runs through Facebook, and Facebook requires you to have an account to use its messaging service, obviously. However, you can completely restrict access to your profile, details, photos, and delete all your posts, while still being able to use Messenger.
>>
>>368687
I mean deactivate like your account is still on Facebook, but your profile won't be visible to other people, and people can't search for you. You can restore your account if you deactivated it at any time just by logging in. I thought it was possible to use Messenger with a deactivated Facebook account based on Googling it and some people saying you can. That's why I'm asking here whether or not you can do it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.