[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there Anons, I'm trying to figure out what is called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hard disk 1.jpg (4MB, 4079x1752px) Image search: [Google]
hard disk 1.jpg
4MB, 4079x1752px
Hey there Anons,

I'm trying to figure out what is called this type of hard disk interface. It looks like some kind of weird 2.5 IDE, but it's definitely not...

This is the hard disk of a 1993 Macintosh computer.
>>
>>364591
>>>/g/
>>
>>364592
/g/ isn't for tech support.
>>
>>364591
50 pin SCSI. 66mm x 13.5mm.
>>
>>364598
Great, thanks!

And, do you know if there are converters plugs to turn it into IDE, by chance? I'd like to plug it into an IDE to USB docking station to transfer files from it.
>>
>>364613
You need a SCSI host adapter /SCSI controller (but perhaps there are nowadays cheaper solutions?)
>>
>>364613
There are. Costly ones.
https://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_ide_adapters/

Just think of it: The entirety of the lost 4chan archives would be stored in this disk, and it's in Your hand. Here it is. In your hand, calling your name. This is Your call, no one else could ever step in between.

I wouldn't care less. $280 USD, come on.
>>
>>364703
>>364675
You can get a PCI/SCSI adapter for $20, which is probably the easiest solution.
>>
>>364598
wrong, thats mini ide. the remaining pins on the right are for control of the drive (mode and/or space limitations)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-7-15-Pin-SATA-TO-2-5-IDE-Female-Adapter-For-laptop-YU-/152238943447
>>
>>365077
Mini IDE is 44 pins. If you're right, then where are the other 4 pins?
>>
File: qEPth.gif (9KB, 373x485px) Image search: [Google]
qEPth.gif
9KB, 373x485px
>>365086
so 4 of the pins on the side are the ones for power, big woop, you can probably figure that out, including polarities, by looking at the pcb on the underside of the hdd.
or are you still implying its a "50 pin SCSI"?
>>
>>365154
No, that doesn't work: the key is in the wrong place.

There's eleven pins to one side of it, which doesn't fit mini-IDE, with or without the four power pins.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.