[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone good with wordpress or website development help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: wordpress-logo-stacked-rgb[1].png (14KB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
wordpress-logo-stacked-rgb[1].png
14KB, 499x310px
Can anyone good with wordpress or website development help me with something? If not with an actual solution, at least I need to know if what I want is possible.

So I'm trying to build a website with wordpress but what I need it to do seems way more difficult than a regular no-code brainlet is able to do, although in my mind it sounds very easy and quite a generic task for someone that knows even the slightest of web development.
I want on my site people to be able to come, post an article, without needing an account, and that article being able to be upvoted. That is all. But from what I see you either need a shit ton of money for plug ins or actual coding experience. The very very few plug ins that do this are complete garbage and I don't feel like paying hundreds of dollars for something that may help me or not. Moreover, they seem to keep forcing my name as the author and I want the person submitting the article to use their name or not.

What I'm asking, is it possible to paste some code, hopefully in an easy manner to make this work? Or is there a free plug in that does this? Or what options do I have? I really wouldn't want to spend anymore money since the nearly $150 I spent on domain name, hosting, and what else are a pretty big sum of money in the shithole I come from.
>>
Please... Anyone?
>>
You're going to need a database, do you have one? I also think you're goin gto need php to achieve this, but I never did a wordpress website, only edited the php of one for a short contract. http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/beginners-guide-to-wordpress-database-management-with-phpmyadmin/
>>
>>364585
I don't think so, unless it's something there is there by default. So you are saying that I should learn php or find someone who knows to do what I need?

Fuck. I was always afraid this would be too hard to do and I'd need to find someone to do it. Thank you anyway for your help!
>>
>>364589
Read the link I sent you for databases. It explains how to integrate it into your website. But yes you need a database to save the post of the people. If you have a host, you will need to look into which database are compatible with your host. Be aware that without registration/captcha, your website will be easily exploitable by spambots, auto-like bots etc... You can't expect it to be a 4chan/reddit combination and run smoothly and not learn progamming
>>
>>364595
Not the OP but good post.
>>
>>364585
>>364595
>>364601
Holy shit larpers.

You can't have Wordpress without a database, so OP certainly has a database.

>>364546
"Accesspost Anonymous Post" would seem to do what you want. I've never used it and don't intend to, but maybe you'll have some success.
>>
>>364610
>larpers
I said in my first post I never did a wordpress website. But the thing you mentionned looks like exactly what OP is asking for, good job
>>
>>364610
That and every other similar plug in doesn't work the way I need it to. It only works partially. It's very limited in use and I always show up as the author. I don't know if I can change that or how would I do it. I can hide the author, but that doesn't really help since I want people to have their names/accounts shown if they so wish.

It would probably work in the paid version, but if it's not what I need, that will be again wasted money that I would hate to lose. And then how would I add the possibility of rating those posts made? I'd need another probably paid plug in and then so on and so on till I need to pay an extra $500 or so to get the final result.
I guess my best choice then is to find someone that can do the website from scratch or help with these 2 things, rather than keep spending money on things that might not help and would result in a very unstable and unprofessional end result.

Regardless, I appreciate all the help, suggestions and information given here.
>>
>>364546
Why not just use a forum or bbs that has the functionality you're looking for? They're free and I believe can be edited to allow for anonymous/guest posts.
>>
>>364626
So edit it so it does do what you want. Adding an extra column in Wordpress isn't exciting difficult. I would offer to do it for you, but I don't want to. I will tell you that it's an afternoon's work for any random shmoe you pick up at the local community college.
>>
>>364628
How would I do that? Do I use a forum theme? And what's bbs?
Sorry for appearing so dumb, but like I said, web development is not my area of expertise...
>>
>>364630
Can you at least point me in the right direction? How would I edit it? Do I go to that customize section where there is all the code? Or do I go into the database section that the anon in the beginning was talking about?
>>
>>364631
BBS stands for Bulletin Board System. Pretty much a forum.

I haven't done this in many years. But what I would do is go to a website that has a forum that you like and look at the bottom of the page. Generally it has a link saying something like "powered by xxx". Which is a link to the developers of the forum plugin used on that site.

Alternatively do a search for "WordPress forum" or "WordPress BBS". Something like that.

here is a link to two different ones to get an idea. One is actually for WordPress (simple-press).

https://simple-press.com/
https://invisioncommunity.com/features/apps#forums
>>
>>364640
Also, this as far as I know, used to be a pretty popular BBS used awhile back. https://www.phpbb.com/

its free and open source.
>>
>>364640
>>364642
That looks promising. Will look into it more. Thanks man!
>>
>>364647
you're welcome. I thought a little more about it and another thing to look at is something like "Digg" developed by a person named Kevin Rose. Sounds very similar to what you are looking for. I have no idea if its free or you can install it on another website. But something to look at.

http://digg.com/

Digg was pretty popular before the advent of facebook and around the time of myspace.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.