[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately while watching videos or playing online games i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1498272357198.gif (2MB, 389x413px) Image search: [Google]
1498272357198.gif
2MB, 389x413px
Lately while watching videos or playing online games i've been having large (1-800) ping spikes, disconnects, and missing inputs, the latter two happening regardless of ping. It's less noticeable, at the most merely annoying, while just browsing or watching videos. Am i getting fucked by my ISP or could this be the result of aging hardware? Could it be another issue?
>>
>>363877
Well gee, sounds like it could to two issues. Check your connection at speedtest.net (or com, I forget) and first see if that looks alright. The issue may stem from your router if it is ancient - that did happen to me once. As for 'missing inputs' regardless of ping, what games are you playing, what performance do you typically have? Can you run games at 60 FPS or are you just scraping by? Because eaten inputs typically happens with low end hardware as your system chugs to run your game.
>>
>>363879
The router is brand new, and i'm assuming the modem provided is as well, i just got internet set up here last week. I've checked with speedtest a few times now, is it measured in bits or bytes? I'm supposed to be getting 100megabits/s, and speedtest rings up 8.7Mbps. I mainly just play LoL and have above 60 fps most of the time with around 42 ping.
>>
>>363883
I forgot to mention the router i got IS capable of the speed i should be getting, the guy from Spectrum didn't mention if the modem he set up is or not. I'd imagine it is
>>
>>363883
It's measured in bits. If it's LoL eating your inputs, I would first make sure it isn't a server issue, as some online games can experience slowdown over the course of their uptime. If it isn't a game issue or internet issue your keyboard may be due for a replacement; that is unless you have no issues typing whatsoever outside of the game. I'd try to reinstall the game in that case.
>>
>>363885
No, i can type just fine, so it's not the keyboard. Noone I play with experiences this issue either. I suppose eaten inputs was the wrong way to word it. It's like, I'll try to do something, like move, use an ability, then leave, but i just move, sit there for 5-15 seconds, then do everything i told it to do after the initial movement all at once.
>>
>>363885
wait, if speedtest is in bits, am i getting less than a tenth of what i'm paying for?
>>
File: freeza.jpg (50KB, 720x384px) Image search: [Google]
freeza.jpg
50KB, 720x384px
>>363893
Sounds like packet loss. Sometimes it can be caused by cables, which should easy enough for you to check, make sure they are in tight, no kinks or damage to the wires, etc. Other times it is an ISP issue, I'd give them a ring. Tell them what you told me and they should have a pretty reasonable solution.
>>
File: 1442979822137.png (129KB, 295x273px) Image search: [Google]
1442979822137.png
129KB, 295x273px
>>363895
Thanks for your help. Everything's plugged in fine and where it needs to be, no cable damage either. I was beginning to hope i'd just need a new network card and that it wasn't Spectrum being Spectrum because I wasn't sure if i could dislike them any more than i already did.
I was wrong
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.