[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A 50.0-kg block is being pulled up a 13.0° slope by a force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1502433789725.jpg (69KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1502433789725.jpg
69KB, 315x315px
A 50.0-kg block is being pulled up a 13.0° slope by a force of 250 N which is parallel to the slope, but the block does not slide up the slope. What is the minimum value of the coefficient of static friction required for this to happen?

Answer is 0.292 but I dont know the working.

I split the vector of the 250N into x and y components and I also did it for the mass of the block(because its on a slope you can split Fg into Fgx and Fgy) and now i'm stuck.
>>
You don't need to split the 250N since it's already parallel to the slope.

The normal force (Fgy) produces a frictional force Ff = Fgy times mu.

Now look at Fgx. Is it directed in the same direction of Ff then the two forces must be added otherwise subtracted. You obtain the total opposing force which must be greater than 250N.

This gives an equation that you must solve for the friction coefficient mu.
>>
>>363835
this post is going to be a little bit confusing to a naive anon who assumes that your x axis is horizontal and your y axis is vertical

you skipped the part where you say
>first, set up your axes so that the x axis is parallel to the slope and the y axis is normal to it
>>
Your 250N is offset by
- gravity: 50g*sin(13) 110.23 and
- friction: 50g*cos(13)*x = 139.77
I got .293 lol.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.