[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some animes that blew you away? Never watched any anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What are some animes that blew you away? Never watched any anime before and my friend recommended death note. The first 26 episodes were probably the most enjoyable piece of media I've seen over the past couple of years. I was absolutely blown away.

I tried some of the other recommended ones like attack on titan and Fullmetal alchemist but couldn't really get into them
>>
Milky Holmes
>>
>>362386
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop + Movie
5 cm per second
Ping Pong the animation
Planetes
GTO
-
(these are probably not good for beginners)

The Tatami Galaxy
Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal
FLCL
Prison School
NGE+The End of Evangelion
>>
Amaama to Inazuma
>>
If you like more emotional SoL stuff, Wolf Children is truly top of the line, it had me engaged for days, despite being a movie.
Ghost in the Shell, you might have heard of before. It's a pretty deep sci fi movie and series. The movie inspired the Wachowskis to make the Matrix.
Anything by Studio Ghibli is quite the experience, but Princess Mononoke responds to my personal tastes the most.
Little Witch Academia is a recent and amazing series that reminded me what it's like to be a kid.
Revolutionary Girl Utena is old but was very helpful to me as a teenager.
Shirobako if you want to know how anime is made.
>>
>>362394
>>362413
>>362422
>>362459
Thanks. Will look into all of them.
>>
File: the logos.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
the logos.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>362386
The Aquarion trilogy
>>
>>362386
Kaiji and Code Geass are pretty similiar to Death Note so watch them
>>
>>362386
If you like deathnote, give psychopass a go. tokyo ghoul and parasyte are also good.
>>
>>362386
These shows are pretty popular or frequently referenced, and you probably won't hate most of them.
>Monogatari series, starting with Bakemonogatari
>Monster
>Clannad + Clannad After Story
>Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
>Steins;Gate
>Mirai Nikki
>Watamote
>Serial Experiments Lain
>Oreimo
>Mushishi
>Nichijou
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.