[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried /a/ but they all just sent me here. Can anyone recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: psychopass_947_1680.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
psychopass_947_1680.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I tried /a/ but they all just sent me here. Can anyone recommend some animes based on what I've like so far?

I liked Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, and Attack on Titan. Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop are okay. I guess I like a bit more if the darker and muted animes, not into the super over the top with emotions and animation styles.
>>
>>362283
Have you watched Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex or just the movies? It's good.
>>
>>362284
I watched Stand Alone Complex and enjoyed it. I really like that animation style and the little bit more dark feel of it.
>>
>>362283
How about Ergo Proxy?
>>
>>362283
The guy in the /a/ thread telling you to watch Mayoiga was trolling you. It's an awful show people only enjoyed ironically.

Are your tastes geared towards action/thriller? There are other shows I could recommend that have mature themes. I'm gonna have to hit you with a brb though.
>>
>>362285
Give texhnolyze try.
>>
>>362283
>Psycho Pass
black lagoon, blame (2017)
>Ghost in the Shell
ergo proxy, serial experiments lain, akira
>Death Note
hellsing ultimate, paranoia agent
>Attack on Titan
opm, ERASER, HxH
>Cowboy Bebop
champloo, trigun, kekkai sensen, planetes
>>
>>362287
Haven't heard of it, I'll check it out.
>>362288
Action/thriller is good, so is horror, or even comedy honestly. I'm open to whatever, but tend to like the darker and more adult themed shows more so far. It's more that in a lot of animes the animation styles or over the top sillyness of it kinda kill it for me.
>>
>>362288
>>362291

Before I go for an hour I don't want to leave you totally hanging so I'm going to throw out Baccano and Erased. First one is a story taking place in three or so time frames around the prohibition era. It's first episode is deliberately confusing but stick with it and you'll find something pretty great. Excellent dub as well with a lot of personality so if your power level is low you're safe there. Erased has amazing atmosphere but plays its hand too heavily at times. fuckmeihavetogo
>>
>>362283
Watch Hellsing Ultimate
>>
>>362290
Thanks for the recommendation would, I actually did watch and enjoy Champloo, I'll have to look into the others.

I appreciate all the recommendations.
>>
>>362290
What is ERASER?
>>
Mononoke. (not the ghibli movie)
Eva
Mouryou No Hako
I personally think it's shit but you might like Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Steins:gate
Shiki
>>
Akira, Black Lagoon, Steins;Gate, Monster, Kaiji, Paranoid Agent,Berserk (the 1997 one), From the New World and Parasyte

Find some trailer for them and see which one sounds the best.
>>
>>362304
Actually let me try this show by show, where they fit in similarities

Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell: Ergo Proxy, Steins;Gate, Parasyte, Serial Experiments Lein

Death Note: Kaiji, Monster, Paranoid Agent, Code Geass

Attack on Titan: Berserk, From the New World

Cowboy Bebop: Black Lagoon, Jormungard, Beccano
>>
File: 77957l.jpg (51KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
77957l.jpg
51KB, 318x450px
>>362300
Boku dake ga Inai Machi

ERASER is the english title
>>
>>362312
It's ERASED not eraser, you pancake
>>
Op here, thanks for the help everybody.

Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy, Paranoia Agent and a few others look promising. I still have a ton of these to look into though, which is awesome.

I Ike that some of you have kinda split them up into groups that are similar, kinda helps to give an anime newfag like me a better idea of what to except. I honestly never really gave anime a fair chance until about a year ago.
>>
>>362283
>likes Death Note and AoT
>not into suoer over the top with emotions and animation styles
Pick one
>>
>>362304
Oh hell yeah, this shit here. Shinsekai Yori/From the New World is a slow burn but you won't be disappointed if you give it a look.
>>
>>362290
Planetes is 10/10
>>
>>362283
You're gonna love Fate/Zero. Not the rest of the franchise, though.
>>
>>362844
>dark urban fantasy setting
>tragedy
>character driven story
>premise revolves around exploring ideals
>this idea is manifested in a deadly battle royale
This should fit your tastes, OP
>>
>>362283
You seem to like anime with a more deep and complex theme/plot
I would try shinsekai yori, it is one hell of a ride, and will leave you with that weird but good feeling when you finish an anime, the feeling of missing the world you watched/feeling how good it was
It shows the story of a new generation of kids in this utopia society where people have this ability to control things with their minds.
>>
>>362283
neon genesis evangelion
serial experiments lain
gurren lagann
mushishi
FMA brotherhood
soul eater
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.