[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime like Castlevania? What I would prefer >Some lone wolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1478230616306.jpg (77KB, 563x491px) Image search: [Google]
1478230616306.jpg
77KB, 563x491px
Anime like Castlevania?

What I would prefer
>Some lone wolf type character hunting bounties/monsters or whatever for cash
>High Fantasy/Dark Fantasy setting (has to be in the olden days, none of that "modern day fantasy" trash)
>Serious in tone

What is an absolute deal breaker
>Teenage protagonist
>Generic female anime protagonist
>Modern Day setting
>>
>>359640

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
>>
>>359646
Closest you'll get. It's post apocalyptic far future, but the aesthetic is close enough to what you're looking that I should think you won't mind.
Maybe Claymore if you're really starved for this, but it isn't that good.
>>
>>359640

Berserk works, as well. Watch the original anime and maybe the movies. Don't watch the 2016 or 2017 anime unless you are a masochist.

If you want the real experience though, read the manga, but you're asking for anime and the original TV anime works decently. Definitely check out the manga afterwards if you end up enjoying it.
>>
File: lol_alucard.jpg (44KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
lol_alucard.jpg
44KB, 704x396px
>>359640
Hellsing, or if you don't have time to wade through all of it, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

> Get that bitch a cannon. Bitches love cannons!
>>
>>359660
>what I would prefer
>serious in tone

>what is an absolute deal breaker
>modern day setting

I'm not OP, I just feel like pointing out that people ought to at least read the actual request.
>>
>>359646
>>359659

Seen em and those are also exactly what i'm after tone/setting wise (some lone wolf badass). Ninja Scroll, Claymore, Basilisk are other anime that I loved that fit the description
>>359660
Seen it and enjoyed it but it's Modern Day
>>
>>359686
>Ninja Scroll, Claymore, Basilisk
Welp, getting really hard now that those are out of the options
I know of this one manga Called Übel Blatt but cannot say anything of its quality for not having read it, but the setting is at least ostensibly what you're looking for.

There's an anime called Mononoke.
It's about an exorcist in olden Japan who travels around and deals with spirits he encounters.
It isn't dark fantasy and possibly not the kind of badass you're looking for, though personally I think the character is plenty cool, but further than this I can't help.
>>
>>359710

Heard of Ubel Blatt, tried it out and yea, it's ok. Definitely similar to what i'm after.

As for Moononke, I tried it out before but the art style was so fucking weird to me. Might try it out again

Cheers for the help anyway dude
>>
Have you seen Afro Samurai? It matches some of your requirements, it's samurai fighting that is dark and gritty, and the main character kinda does some sort of lone hunting, however it's not exactly fantasy. The setting is similar to feudal japan with a gun and a robot shoved in the mix. You might still enjoy it.
>>
>>359686 >>359718

Shigurui
Amon Devilman Mokushiroku
Bastard
Mouryou Senki Madara
Kaze no Tairiku
Kujakuou
Blood - The Last Vampire
D.Gray-man
Ninja Resurrection
Youma
Ogre Slayer - Onikirimaru
Kurozuka
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.