[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently being sued by an ex friend, and it feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170719_232521.jpg (474KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170719_232521.jpg
474KB, 2448x3264px
I'm currently being sued by an ex friend, and it feels like extortion at this point. Having been threaten to have a constable and a lawyer show up at my house.
My exfriend does not have a license
The car is his dads (his dad lives out of state)
There's currently no proof of insurance for the month of march
Being sued for almost 2K
(Car is worth 4K at most
2006 Chrysler 300 base model (190K miles)
This the story
>early march doing school project
>raining really bad but go to store to pick up materials
>go back to his house
>I'm the one who drove with him to and from the store while raining
>he tells me to take a shortcut to his house
>agree but I don't know the street so I slow down a bit
>splash
>ohfuck.PNG
>car is 1½ft deep in water
>tiny road is flooded
>days after he tells me he's taking to another friends dad to fix it for cheap
>say okay that I offer to help because it's a "cheap" fix
>more days pass he tells me he took it somewhere else
>5 months pass he says I owe him half of the repairs
> 2K dollars for new engine and instalment (my half)
>threatens to sue
idk what to do I don't have that kind of money he says I have a month to pay him off
I'm only 19 freshman in college and I work as a manager at McDonald's
>>
Why were you driving someone else's car in the first place.
Request a bill of sale of the repairs.
>>
>>358299
I did and they got aggressive and threaten to send the constable, also They gave me permission to drive they went to pick me up at my house but they were to scared to drive all the way to the store in the rain
>>
>>358300
Tell them to go ahead.
If they refuse to show proof I don't see what you'd have to worry about, he's just after drug money or something.
>>
File: Obaama.jpg (2KB, 136x90px) Image search: [Google]
Obaama.jpg
2KB, 136x90px
My advice, find the car, torch it, and move to Alaska. Problem solved.
>>
>>358293
Just tell him to fuck off.

He can't get the police involved: the police investigate *crimes*. A dispute over who pays to fix a car is not a crime. It's a civil dispute, and the only point the police would get involved is if it goes to civil court, you get found against, and then you decide to ignore the verdict and are in contempt of court.

The police investigate crimes. A civil dispute is not a crime, and if he wants to take it to small claims, you'll be hiring a lawyer and he'll be paying your costs when he loses.
>>
>>358293 My advice is better.
>>
>>358293
this thread again...

I'll say the same thing I said last time, you shouldn't owe anything
it's not your fault it wasn't insured...don't agree to pay anything

afaik since you had permission to drive it, their insurance should have been the primary source to pay for damages, and either your insurance or out of your pocket to pay for anything over their limit

let them take you to court, even if you were held partly liable, it shouldn't be more than half of what an approximate deductible would have cost, if it was insured like it should have been
>>
>>358293
I think you posted about this a few weeks ago, except you were panicking a little more maybe? I still don't think you're even worth a lawsuit, and the guy is obviously stupid.
>>
>>358293
>>threatens to sue

call his bluff. it'd cost him more than 2K in lawyer's fees. he's trying to scare you into a settlement.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.