[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having issues trying to connect my PS4 to my home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Pissed off Gon.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pissed off Gon.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
I've been having issues trying to connect my PS4 to my home wifi network, it keeps telling me the wifi password might be incorrect but I know it isn't. Also I tried troubleshooting this issue myself and it seems A LOT of people had this problem, but none of the fixes have worked for me. This must be some kind of glitch or network bug on the PS4 during an update I guess, anyway does anyone know how to fix it?

Some said you had to set up the wifi network on custom and not automatic, but that didn't work for me either. It's weird because a while back I had no issues with the internet on my PS4, but now I can't connect at all. Haven't been able to get wifi on my PS4 in almost 6-8 months because I just stopped trying. I also tried restoring the PS4 to default settings and that didn't fix it either, all I know is my wifi password is NOT incorrect because I never changed it and it's working fine on my PC and other internet devices.

I'm getting really fed up with this issue, because I want to have wifi on my PS4 so I can download and play stuff, but I can't because of this retarded internet connection bug/glitch.
>>
If mac address filtering is enabled and ps4 address isn' in whitelist then it will be blocked.
>>
>>357402
Where do I go on my PS4 to see if mac address filtering is enabled? And how do I see if my PS4 address is whitelisted or not?

I don't know why I have to do all that? Because I never had to when it was working, I just figured there was some PS4 glitch going on that is affecting my wifi connectivity.
>>
>>357406
That is in yohr router/firewall settings.
>>
>>357411
I didn't even mess with my router/firewall settings so why would it suddenly be affecting my PS4's internet capabilities?
>>
>>357417

All I know is that the only logical explanation for your ps4 to not connect even though you put in the absolutely and positively correct passwors is that the mac address is filtering it.
>>
>>357389
Uve been hacked mate.
Throw your PS4 out the window it's the only way to stop them from stealing your identity.
>>
>>357435
Shut the fuck up, this issue affected A LOT of people so I know it's not just me that is/was having it.
>>
>>357438

Upgrade the firmware online
>>
File: Sonik.gif (140KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sonik.gif
140KB, 275x200px
>>357438
It just sounds like you're being an idiot on your end sadly. I've never had trouble with any of my systems, and when I do it's normally a router problem.
>>
>>357461
Well as I said, every other device in my house connects to the internet just fine except my PS4.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.