[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have a bit of an issue. The long and short is that i need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So i have a bit of an issue. The long and short is that i need a program that can compare the files of one folder, to the files of another and show me the comparison of only one of them, or something similar. Can anyone help me out here?
>>
>>356902
what type of files?
>>
>>356902
what OS?ch
>>
>>356904
Any, pictures, webms, txt docs, so on. The files are the exact same as one another or they've been deleted. My situation is that i was sorting files and i accidentally deleted a portion i was organizing. It's all very cluttered and theres a lot of stuff i was messing with. I have no idea whats gone or what i have so i'm now in this position. So yeah, the files are exactly the same, i just need to know which ones are missing when i compare it to my backup.
>>
>>356908

8.1 :(
>>
>>356909
how many?
for images try visipics for the rest do it manually sorting all by type and size
>>
>>356902
FastCopy, the file transfer software, has a "no duplicates" mode
>>
>>356916
https://ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en
>>
>>356914

A lot, so where around 25K - 30K files, games, pictures, movies, music, books, so on.

I have Visipics, is there a way to compare the files but only see the duplicates of one folder? You dont ahve to give me a step by step break donw, if there is a way i'll find it. I had to program awhile back to comb out duplicates but and it worked well enough, but i noticed that it throws EVERYTHNIG in.

>>356916

I'll give a look, thank you. Is the mode easy enough to toggle?
>>
>>356902
>>356909

You can run the windows command line (windows+r, type cmd then press enter), then run the following:

comp <path to first folder> <path to second folder> | findstr "^Can't" > <name of output file>.txt

That'll create a text file that has a bunch of lines saying something along the lines of "Can't find/open file: stuff\missing_file's_name". If the other solutions don't work for you, that should make it easy enough to do manually.
>>
>>356930

Appreciate it.
>>
>>356910
If you're running windows, you can probably just select all the files in one, and copy them to the other. It'll have a little popup that asks what to do when two files have the same name -- just tell it to skip copying those.
>>
>>356934
The issue is that the difference between my back up and what i was organizing is very very different. They're all in new folders and semi organized and so on.
>>
>>356902
DuplicateCleaner by Digital Volcano. I used to use it, and one of the commands is "mark all duplicates in this folder". Very useful.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.