[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to watch Code Geass if I don't give a shit about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: asuka_disdain.jpg (22KB, 519x415px) Image search: [Google]
asuka_disdain.jpg
22KB, 519x415px
Do I need to watch Code Geass if I don't give a shit about giant robots? I'm glad I watched EVA, but obviously that's not your ordinary mecha anime.
>>
>EVA
>not your ordinary mecha anime
I guess you haven't seen that many mecha anime
>>
>>356454
>state in the OP that i don't watch mecha anime
>shitposter concludes that i don't watch mecha anime
sir, your deductive skills are going to waste, your country needs you
https://www.fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents
>>
Code Geass is a bit shit, it's well referenced though.
Honestly if you're looking for something similar to Eva just check out Ideon, Zegapain, or Tetsujin 28-gou (the 2004 series).
Zambot's pretty fucking similar as well but it's not nearly as good.
>>
File: nm.png (37KB, 1137x230px) Image search: [Google]
nm.png
37KB, 1137x230px
>>356449
Anon, I'm going to attempt to open your mind a bit. Bear with me.

Discard all your preconceptions about mecha anime. Despite how it's often referred to, mecha isn't even a genre. A genre describes "a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter". It's patently obvious that mecha anime varies in form and style wildly, but you might say "Don't they all share the same subject matter of giant robots?" No, because there's not a single mecha anime you can show me that is "about" mecha itself. They're all about their own thing, just like any other series. War, philosophy, transhumanism, character drama, the power of friendship, anything.

Eva is no different. It's easy to erroneously claim that Eva is "not your ordinary mecha anime" when you have this notion that mecha normally all fits into one low-brow box. "Mecha" describes the setting of a series and nothing more.

So yes, watch Code Geass. Then watch Gunbuster. Then Gurren Lagann, and Big O, and Patlabor, and Yamato, Eureka Seven, VOTOMs, Giant Robo, Getter Robo, Mobile Suit Gundam, Macross, fuck, there's so much shit to watch, I'm sure you'll find something you like. Giant robots kick ass but that doesn't mean that's the only thing a mecha anime is about, not even close.
>>
>>356449
Mecha is an element of both Eva and CG, not a defining feature
>>
>>356559
Sports is an element of both Hajime no Ippo and Captain Tsubasa, not a defining feature.
>>
>>356581
Now you're getting it.
>>
File: 4L_606rEMZa.png (915KB, 688x567px) Image search: [Google]
4L_606rEMZa.png
915KB, 688x567px
>>356630
Magical girls is an element of Nanoha and Madoka, not a defining feature.

Putting salt on one's porridge is an element of scotsmen and not a defining feature.

Mecha is an element of mecha anime I do like and a defining feature of mecha anime I don't like.
>>
>>356634
What point are you trying to make? No one has said anything about double standards for series you like and series you don't like, except you.
>>
>>356634
What I mean is that CG and Eva aren't ABOUT mecha, CG to a lesser extent since there are a good number of actual mecha battles that span episodes.

Both Nanoha and Madoka are wedded more closely to the core mahou shoujo experience, so I wouldn't say this about them.
>>
>>356949
>What I mean is that CG and Eva aren't ABOUT mecha,
Name me one (1) mecha series that is "about" mecha.
>>
>>356449
The robots always seemed secondary to all the political intrigue in Code Geass in my opinion. It's been a while since I watched it though, so what the fuck do I know?
>>
>>356953
mi m8 won't watch the Gundams because his impression of them was that they focused on the robit tech more than real plot
apparently only Gundam 00 and the RL gunpla culture might fit that (erroneous?) perception
>>
File: 1459552201200.png (61KB, 599x354px) Image search: [Google]
1459552201200.png
61KB, 599x354px
>>356961
Gundam, or at least UC, is a war drama through and through. I have genuinely never seen a mecha anime where the focus of the plot was the actual technology of the robots themselves. That sounds pretty nonsensical to me, I'm not sure how you'd even derive a story out of that.

Tell your friend if he likes war movies then he should like MSG.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.