[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently my computer has been going to shit. Corrupt files/a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20170729_183544.jpg (4MB, 2775x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_183544.jpg
4MB, 2775x2660px
Recently my computer has been going to shit. Corrupt files/applications, drivers not working properly, my games are starting to get really buggy, routinely dropping connection to my router, etc. I'm starting to find more problems with it daily. I built it about a month ago, specs are as follows:

>Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
>ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
>SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB
>Intel Core i5-7600K LGA 1151
>ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING LGA1151
>TP-Link Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
>Windows 10 professional

Ever since I had gotten windows installed it wouldn't install updates, it would download them but as soon as it tried to install the files during a boot it would say "unable to install updates, undoing changes" or something like that. I ran the troubleshooter and apparently the program that installs windows updates had been corrupted; at the end of the troubleshooter it claimed to had fixed the problem but i still had the same issues. I just kinda ignored it for a few weeks until a few days ago, I contacted microsoft tech support and chatted with some lady about it and then she remoted my computer. She messed with a few file locations, made a .bat file and then installed "tweaking.com - windows repair" and then mid session she just left. I asked if she was there, no response. I waited a good 20 minutes and still no response. Ever since then I'm starting to notice more and more things wrong. For example, my audio is all screwed up now. In discord or google hangouts my mic will work fine, but as soon as I launch a game my mates tell me that I sound like a robot and that I'm really quiet. As soon as i quit the game my mic starts to work fine again. And I'm pretty sure a lot of this stuff might be an easy fix by changing and adjusting files and registry settings but I want to know what exactly is causing this all to happen. Is it usually like this when building a computer? My other friends built their computers, they don't have problems like this
>>
I want to say that I have a faulty SSD, but I'm not really 100% sure. I dont have anything on it that would be corrupting my files and changing my settings
>>
How old is the SSD? Is your OS on it? Flash memory dies the more you write over it.
>>
>>355215
for that matter, how old is the machine? i just went from an i5 to an i7, and it was like going from gum-boots to rocket-powered ice-skates.
>>
>>355215
just back up all your files and clean reinstall your OS

Ms set up is three SSD, one for windows, another for my projects and one as a catch disk with two HDD in raid 1
>>
>closed water loop cooling
>wireless
mmmmmmh
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.