[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, im trying to gather infornation on the RAM in my computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20170723_122350.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170723_122350.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Hey, im trying to gather infornation on the RAM in my computer so that I can figure out how far to overclock my CPU. Pic related is one of the sticks in my computer, how do I look this thing up to learn more about its specs?
>>
>>351754
By definition, if you're running it within specs, you're not overclocking it.

It'll already be running within specs, so go to your BIOS and see what it says the timings are. Beyond the SPD timings, the onus is on you.
>>
>>351759
I dont think you understood my question, so I'll reword it. I want to look up the manufacturer's provided information for this specific RAM stick, how can I use the information provided on the stick itself to obtain it?
>>
>>351767
Maybe look up the serials dumb fuck.
Like how stupid are you to not figure this shit out on your own?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-M378B5273CH0-CH9-M378B5273DH0-CH9-Memory/dp/B004OSM56G
>>
>>351754
you can read some of the specs from the model number, M378B5273CH0-CH9

M
3 = DIMM
78 = 240 pin unbuffered DIMM
B = DDR3 SDRAM
52 = 512M
7 = 8 banks
3 = bit organisation x8
C = 4th generation
H= FBGA
0 = no revision
C = normal temperature and power (1.5 V)
H9 = DDR3-1333 (667MHz @ CL=9, tRCD=9, tRP=9)

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/global/file/product/ddr3_product_guide_dec_12-0.pdf
>>
>>351767
It's already in the information provided on the the stick. That's the whole point of the SPD ROM.

If you're actually looking to overclock the RAM, you need to look up the actual RAM chips, both their official specifications and anecdotes as to their performance when overclocked (which the manufacturer isn't going to tell you).

There's no point in looking up the DIMM, because it's just made with whatever chips meeting the spec that the assembler had lying around at the time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.