[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to play minecraft but it keeps slowing down and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (328KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
328KB, 1600x900px
I'm trying to play minecraft but it keeps slowing down and freezing all over the place. I tried googling the problem but it shows me that my computer should be fast enough.

here's what it looks like

Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHz
Installed memory: 6.00 GB
System type 64-bit x64 based processor
Windows 10
>>
What graphics card do you have?
>>
File: Intel HD Graphics.png (6KB, 395x190px) Image search: [Google]
Intel HD Graphics.png
6KB, 395x190px
>>349818
seems like Intel HD graphics
>>
>>349820
That's why, you don't actually have a graphics card.
>>
>>349824
What is a graphics card at least good enough to play modded minecraft?
>>
>>349827
you can buy some cheap ass middle end gpu from 5/6+ years on ebay for 40$. something like gtx 460/560 etc.

Dont buy a new gpu like 1030 wich cost around the same price (even more i think). Its definitly less powerful.

Also dont forget to look at the power consumption
>>
>>349831
Thank you

now to get one once I actually have money.
>>
>>349827
i just upgraded from an i5 with 4GB of ram and an nvidia gtx 460, and it struggled with modded minecraft. to be honest, it struggled with vanilla - crashed a lot if you rode a horse through the nether, etc.
>>
>>349831
>its defiintlyie less powerful
Bollocks.
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-460-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/2167vsm283726

1030 is more powerful than 460, not less.

10 series basically made all the old cards obsolete crap, and you should offer accordingly if you're going to buy one.
>>
>>349831
>Dont buy a new gpu like 1030 wich cost around the same price (even more i think). Its definitly less powerful.

excuse me, upgraded dude from >>349885, my new machine has a 1060ti and it is definitely more powerful.
>>
>>349946
Given it costs thirty times as much, I should certainly fucking hope so.
>>
>>349946
lel you got scammed by Jewvidia
You realize the 580 does better for cheaper right?
>>
>>349971
580 costs $499, anon.
>>
>>349800
Lower the render distance from the options. If this doesn't fix the problem, the graphics card is not the problem. Just like you, I don't have a dedicated graphic card and the integrated one is much shittier than yours, yet I can play Minecraft normally if the render distance is low enough.
>>
>>349900
Its a synthetic bench, i wouldnt trust that since the very (very) low end cards from nvidia are REALLY shitty

>>349946
yea but it cost +200$ (i dont even know the mining thing)
>>349977
Anon, buy it used, i sold a 570 on ebay for 50$ lately.

I dont know where op is from but seeing its pc i think he has a lot of money to spend.
>>
>>350016
No, they used to be really shitty because they were previous generation cards using old-technology chips made on the cheap in otherwise-empty chipfabs.

See GT 730, 640, etc.

1030 is a brand-new design made in the same plant that makes 1050 and 1050Ti. It's not repackaged ancient shit, and its performance reflects this.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,review-33949.html
>>
>>349977
That's only because the card is so good there's very little stock
>>
>>350086
By that logic, OP should get a NeoGeo.
>>
Punch a tree irl
>>
>>350095
No you idiot. That's the actual reason. It sells like fucking hotcakes and retailers can price gouge the last remaining cards.
>>
>>350140
It can't be the actual reason, because I posted the original RRP to take the piss out of >>349971 comparing retail with preowned.

I didn't correct you earlier because I was wondering if you'd keep presenting an argument you obviously hadn't checked the facts on, and it turned out the answer was "yes".
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.