[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just did a fresh install of Debian 9 with no DE and installed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170719_183536.jpg (682KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170719_183536.jpg
682KB, 4160x3120px
Just did a fresh install of Debian 9 with no DE and installed xmonad as root with "apt install xmonad". Now what do I do to get xmonad running?
>>
>>349743
https://wiki.debian.org/Xmonad
>>
>>349744
I have looked at the wiki page. Aptitude cannot locate packages libghc6-xmonad-dev & libghc6-xmonad-contrib-dev. I do not believe they are strictly necessary to run xmonad. No other information on the wiki is applicable to my situation.
>>
apt install xorg xterm vim lightdm
Then go about getting your WMs

Else look into starting X from your .bashrc
>>
>>349747
I'm sure that helped, but I'm still getting the same errors.
>>
>>349746
>No other information on the wiki is applicable to my situation.
How about you stop being a fucking newfag summerfuck and actually read the information you useless piece of shit? I can't believe that your eyes can hover over the lines but you're so brain dead that you learn nothing from it. That page tells you exactly how to run it fucking idiot, and if you can't even read a manual you better go back to Windows asshole.
>Aptitude cannot locate packages libghc6-xmonad-dev & libghc6-xmonad-contrib-dev
Gee... I wonder why that could be... No, I don't. And you wouldn't either if you had spent five fucking minutes reading the things you're supposed to read after installing the OS. Your shit thread shows that you didn't put any effort whatsoever into solving this by yourself and you should KYS.
https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
>>
>>349750
What errors dude?
If you're having problems with apt use aptitude.
apt install xmonad should just work
Use startx to start X and then if you don't want a DM go here

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinit#Autostart_X_at_login

Though personally and note I'm running Debian 9 as well, that just using SLiM or LightDM and editing the config to autologin to your BASIC USER ACCOUNT is fine.
>>
>>349752
In his defense the xmonad package is in stable and arguably a clean installs sources should work
>>
>>349757
>a clean installs sources should work
No. Because he's trying to install stuff from contrib repos without enabling the contrib repos first. If only he wasn't a nigger and was capable of reading a manual for more than a minute.
>>
>>349763
You're pretty focused on those docs when all the OP wanted to do was startx.

But we're all I'm agreement, OP is a retard.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.