[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys. I think my gf flat mate limited our internet connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1500227312704.png (425KB, 691x498px) Image search: [Google]
1500227312704.png
425KB, 691x498px
Hi guys. I think my gf flat mate limited our internet connection somehow. I tried to check it going to 192.168.1.1. but the username and password didn't match. With her old flat mate I played with usually 60 ping, now I get 2300. So I believe this is happening. What should I do? Thanks! Pic not related.
>>
>>348136
He's probably just torrenting and using all your bandwidth.

You don't need to do anything fancy to fuck your ping; you need to do fancy stuff to not fuck it.
>>
>>348142
But it happens everytime. It is 4 am here and I still have shitty internet
>>
>>348146
I know I turn my torrenting off at night so my computer doesn't get tired.
>>
>>348147
Still. Isnt it suppose to get better? Is there nothing I can do? She is a girl, I don't see her as someone that torrets that much. (No chauvinism implied)
>>
>>348146
1: how many machines are connected to that router?

2: if you turn them off one by one, does the ping improve?

3: if it DOESN'T, could it be your machine? is there something running in the background that's doing stuff you didn't authorize, ie malware?
>>
>>348136
did you try admin admin for username and password? or did you use the SSID and WPA key
>>
>>348151
1 - X... This is a students house. I would say 3 laptops and 3 phones. But notice that it was better with 4 laptops and 5 phones.
2 - Nop
3 - I have no idea desu. I tried to search for malware, but I am actually scared something could be off. I asked my gf to download some games to see if it is mine or not. It is downloading right now in a different internet. Do you have any suggested programs or measures?

>>348152
Only SSID and WPA key. Checked after you wrote. Didn't work
>>
>>348136
>username and password didn't match
the router will have a factory reset button somewhere on it that reverts it back to default settings and default username/password
if you've forgotten the password this is the way to go, but maybe ask your flatmate about it first
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.